Dark Lord Day 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many bottles could you get last year?

There was an apology from the hosting company http://www.darklordday.com/

I will sell my tickets for $200 each...I have 2
hide.gif

How many bottles could you get last year?

There was an apology from the hosting company http://www.darklordday.com/

I will sell my tickets for $200 each...I have 2
hide.gif

I hope you're kidding. If not, 1) it's pretty crappy you are selling your tics, and 2) especially disappointed you are doing it on a site that is full of people who couldn't get tics because of people like you.

Our brew club, based in Crown Point, is talking about attending and possibly setting up some kind of display that day. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll update when I know more. :mug:

I hope you're kidding. If not, 1) it's pretty crappy you are selling your tics, and 2) especially disappointed you are doing it on a site that is full of people who couldn't get tics because of people like you.
I am joking hence the :hiding: I think it was poorly done and a PITA to deal with. But your last comment on you not getting tickets because of people like me...wtf does that mean? People that paid attention and bought tickets? People that wasted 45 mins trying to get their ****y site to work?

With that said I will be willing to trade one of my DLD for some Alaskan Smoke Porters

I am joking hence the :hiding: I think it was poorly done and a PITA to deal with. But your last comment on you not getting tickets because of people like me...wtf does that mean? People that paid attention and bought tickets? People that wasted 45 mins trying to get their ****y site to work?

With that said I will be willing to trade one of my DLD for some Alaskan Smoke Porters

My post doesn't say anything about me not getting tickets. Try reading before you post up retaliation messages. Also notice I said "if not" as the message wasn't meant to be an attack on anyone, just a statement of my opinion about people who bought tickets only to resell. FYI - I did get my tickets and dealt with the same website errors you did.

I like beer, but not enough to bother participating in such a fiasco.

I have a few friends who go every year, they have a great time, but I will not endorse such hype.

So, what is the chance of scoring some DarkLord without the golden tickets? If, as someone previously mentioned, its also on tap, then I will probably head up later in the day to get a taste.

Now that people got there tickets, anyone willing to sell / trade for a bottle of Dark Lord? I can't get Pliney and I doubt I can get Alaskan smoked porter.

I just looked and I haven't been charged for my tickets either...anyone else have this issue?

I did get a conformation e-mail...strange.

Same here, The wife and I both placed orders one via credit and the other paypal. The second set of tickets that I used paypal says the money has not been retrieved by the seller. I also emailed 3floyds directly after my purchase since I had an issue during checkout like everyone else but I never got any reply from them. I did get a email from the first set of tickets that I got saying that my order was processed on Friday and will be mailed after they complete all orders.

Update: Just checked Paypal and the $$ has now been accepted by 3F’s so hopefully we will both get out tickets! Still nothing on the CC yet but I did get the email that the order was being processed. They are probably just swamped.

I assume you got a order # when you checked out on the 17th?

Remember guys, they're going through all of the ticket sales manually. It's going to take a while.

Anybody know if there's a shuttle or easy cab service from the Hammond trainstop on the South Shore Line out of Chicago? Seems like an easy way to get down there, if only we can be sure there's a way to transfer from the train station to the brewery. TIA

Anybody know if there's a shuttle or easy cab service from the Hammond trainstop on the South Shore Line out of Chicago? Seems like an easy way to get down there, if only we can be sure there's a way to transfer from the train station to the brewery. TIA

Hammond station is right by calumet ave. which is what you take to get to FFF. You might be able to catch a bus there but I highly doubt it. It's about a 5-10 min. cab ride from the station to FFF. You may want to call ahead and reserve a cab ahead of time because of how many people will be taking them due to DLD. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Yikes...cost for a cab roundtrip was quoted to me as being between $40 and $50 for 3 guys. That's ridiculous. Shot in the dark here, but is anybody who lives around the train station willing to give 3 good guys a ride to FFF? I can definitely arrange payment via some maibock lager I should have ready by then and/or a six-pack of your favorite microbrew.

Yikes...cost for a cab roundtrip was quoted to me as being between $40 and $50 for 3 guys. That's ridiculous. Shot in the dark here, but is anybody who lives around the train station willing to give 3 good guys a ride to FFF? I can definitely arrange payment via some maibock lager I should have ready by then and/or a six-pack of your favorite microbrew.

Hey guys, not sure exactly where you are located, but I am going into Chicago to stay Friday night and maybe Thursday night before DLD. As of now, I will be getting a hotel somewhere between downtown and the Lincolnwood area (one of my consultants wants to take me to the hopleaf bar) and wouldn't have a problem taking a few people down to Munster with me Saturday morning. You would have to arrange for a way back as I'm leaving DLD to head back to Ohio. I'll have a trunkload full of pizza and beer going back with me, so there won't be tons of extra room, but I could comfortably take 3 people and their beer with me. Hit me up closer to DLD as I'm just going to priceline hotels when I finalize when i'm going to Chicago.

That must be $40-$50 per person right? If not then that's one hell of a good price from Elburn to Munster. If it is per person, then something I think you should factor in is that taking the metra from elburn to the city, then catching the south shore line to the hammond station can be a pain in the a$$. I've done it several times from the geneva station to the east chicago station, and the biggest problem that I see you having is going from the metra station dowtown to the south shore station downtown. That's another two cab rides that you have to factor in to your overall price because you probablly don't want to be carrying a couple cases of beer those several blocks.
So overall if it's $20-$25 per person each way that doesn't seem like that bad of a deal to me when you factor in how much time you'll waist on the train, having to catch a cab in the city, the hour and a half you'll be waiting to catch the next train in the city, having to catch a ride from the hammond station to FFF, and then turning around and having to do it all over again.
Just some food for thought from someones who's made the trip before.:mug:

Kaner - It's not clear from my post, but my earlier post #103 mentioned I was planning to take the train to Hammond. My buddies live in the city so I'll be training or driving from Elburn to downtown, meeting them at Millennium Park station, South Shoring it to Hammond, and cabbing from the Hammond Station to FFF. The problem we're having is getting from the Hammond station to FFF. The cab fare was for all 3 of us from the Hammond station to FFF. We think it's pretty steep and I don't know how much I trust a cab will be waiting for us even if we call ahead.

Beesy - my other two buddies were calling around today to chicago-area bars to see if any are going to be running busses to the festival and what those costs would be roundtrip. I really appreciate your offer and I'll see what they find out today. Any chance you'd be willing to drop us at the Hammond train station on your way back east? It's about 10 minutes north of FFF.

Kaner - It's not clear from my post, but my earlier post #103 mentioned I was planning to take the train to Hammond. My buddies live in the city so I'll be training or driving from Elburn to downtown, meeting them at Millennium Park station, South Shoring it to Hammond, and cabbing from the Hammond Station to FFF. The problem we're having is getting from the Hammond station to FFF. The cab fare was for all 3 of us from the Hammond station to FFF. We think it's pretty steep and I don't know how much I trust a cab will be waiting for us even if we call ahead.

Oh okay. $40-$50 from the station to FFF is an absolute rip-off. I was plannig on cabbing it from my place but I better look into it now because there is no way I'm going to pay that price for a five minute cab ride. $40-$50 is probably about three times what the cost should be!

At The Publican next Wednesday night.Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head, Nick Floyd of Three Floyds, Shaun O'Sullivan of 21st Amendment, Matt Brynildson of Firestone Walker, and Greg Koch of Stone are going to be there to help celebrate the long awaited coming of Stone Brewery beers to Chicago if any of you local guys are looking for something to do.

http://www.stonebrew.com/find/chicago/

@ Kaner...I think it might be a bit more reasonable if only one guy is in the cab. My buddy was the one who called, but he said they wanted like $5 extra per guy + some other crap fee per person so it got $$$ pretty quickly.

@ Beesy - I'm sending you a PM. Thanks.

K. My plans are tentative for now just to let anyone know. I just found out about 10 minutes ago I may have to go to San Diego for work a few days before DLD, which may impede my plans to spend a few days in Chicago. That being said, I will for sure be going to DLD and would't have a problem dropping a few guys off at the Metra on my way home.

where is the best/closest place to stay since the hampton has been booked for some time?

There are a few Marriots (Marriot, Residence Inn, etc.) at the Kennedy exit, and a Motel 6, Best Western, and one other at the Cline exit, off of 80/94. They're all just a short drive from Three Floyds.

anyone have tix in hand yet? I cant wait any longer :(

From their Twitter on April 2
"Now that we've had a chance to sort out the duplicate orders, we're almost ready to mail the Golden Tickets. They should be out mid-week... "

Fingers crossed

phew, what a relief...i've been checking my inbox @ the mail room daily... was starting to think some mailroom guy with good taste in beer swiped them....

Latest posts

Back