Want to make a MLT but no 3/8" Threaded Ball Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACo

Reaction score
I went to home depot today to get the stuff to make a MLT using the specifications from FlyGuy...however they didnt have a 3/8" threaded ball valve...only 1/4" and 1/2"....

So i was wondering if there was a good way to convert or make an adaptor to either one of those sizes....

Thanks!

so....in lay man's terms, get a 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor to fit on the 1/2" threaded ball valve? will that affect the output flow?

I used a 1/2" ball valve, some O-rings, and 7/8" SS washers.

I had the same problem so went to Lowes where they had them.

+1. To make mine I had to go to Home Depot, Lowes, True Value Hardware and Fastenal in order to get all the parts. In hindsight I wish I just purchased a pre-assembled kit from somewhere like bargain fittings. I ended up spending about $30 on the hardware - $6.30 of that was on the x4 5/8" washers from Fastenal.

Also, remember to go to Lowes for the steel braid. Home Depot doesn't sell stainless steel. I think it was some other kind of metal which includes zinc.

I've about had it with HD. I was originally pissed at Lowe's for buying out Eagle's (which I loved), but now I'm finding Lowe's has a much better brass selection and consistently lower prices than HD.

Back