10g. Igloo Coolers at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
Wanted to share my find at the Home Depot. Went to the Home Depot yest. and they had 10gal. (insulated) round Igloo Coolers on sale at the Home Depot. Price was $39.95. I'd say that's blasted cheap compared to the rubbermaid!!!!

Sweet! I'm stopping there on the way home from work. That's should handle 14 lbs. of grain with no problem. Thanks!

Well, I just invested in two 6gallon buckets to do my grain. My investment in it was 60dollars. My first try was 4.5# of grain and there was definitely a LOT of room to spare. Easily be able to take 12# of grain...but I'm concerned the grain-bed will be to deep. We shall see next brew-day!

Hope they have them in stock down by you! They must of had 50 of em up here.

Hmm.....I wonder is I should go ahead and make a 10 gall or just wait a couple months and pick up a Brew Magic.

Exo said:
Well, I just invested in two 6gallon buckets to do my grain. My investment in it was 60dollars. My first try was 4.5# of grain and there was definitely a LOT of room to spare. Easily be able to take 12# of grain...but I'm concerned the grain-bed will be to deep. We shall see next brew-day!

Hope they have them in stock down by you! They must of had 50 of em up here.

Yep. I have $17 in my cooler. I can reuse everything else. I'm going 10 gallons for a Mash Tun and for a HLT and fly sparge for the next brew session. I may have to build a manifold instead of the stainless braid. I wonder how that puppy works for fly sparging?

Um, at which Home Despot did you get that? Up here in Fondy they didn't have nuttin'. And their service sucked as usual, too....:mad:

Just got back from picking up two. $39.90 each plus tax. They had several left in boxes plus a boat load of the 5 gallon ones.

IglooCooler10.jpg

It's basically this cooler, but with a seat lid instead of a handle in it.
Igloo Heavy Duty 10 Gallon Beverage Cooler

I'll be glad to pick one up and UPS it to anyone who can't find one. Here's the details.

Cooler $39.90 plus $3.29 tax, plus actuall UPS ground shipping from zip 78746. The worse it can be is about $13.92 shipping to a residential zipcode. I picked Seattle and got the rate for an 11 pound package. I'll just slap a shipping label on and drop it off at the UPS store. Send me a PM if you are interested. PayPal will do it.

I'm putting the valve back in my 5 gallon one and donating it to my son's Boy Scout Troop.

Lake Geneva store. Love Lake Geneva's cust. service as well? Lot's of non-kids work there...all adults actually. And they all know what they are talking about.

I bet your store has em but some ******* didn't know what you were talking about...or didn't care...

ablrbrau said:
Um, at which Home Despot did you get that? Up here in Fondy they didn't have nuttin'. And their service sucked as usual, too....:mad:

OK after several phone calls and quite a few snotty customer service people (and, to be fair, some good ones too) I finally found a relatively local home depot that has some left, and they said they'd hold one till tomorrow after I'm done at work. If they come though on this, I might have to stop bashing them at least for a little while. ;)

Hey Exo: :rockin: :mug: :tank:

I'm gonna break em in when I get back from Europe. The ol' Sparge Arm should be waiting for me.

Hey, with my silly and cheap 6gal bucket system complete with pink insulating foam wrapped and duct-taped...I got an 83% efficiency. WooHoo! I think when I go to 10gal batches I'll move to those coolers...but still...I wish I went to the Depot the day before I bought the buckets...

There's a Home Depot about a block from my work. I'm leaving now and I'll see if they have any.

Back