Step by step grain recipe instructions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
Does anyone have any "step by step instructions" 5 gallon grain brew recipe or know where I can find one? Preferably using bags to steep the grain or some other method. I don't know if I'm ready for mashing. I will try that soon! Almost all of the grain recipes I see assume you totally understand the process, which I do......but I don't. I'm reading a couple books, but I'm more of a hands learner.

I just bought a propane burner, a 44qt stainless turkey fryer Pot and I made wort cooler out of 50' of 3/8 copper tubing. I'd like to use them! I was going to buy the 30qt pot, but for a few bucks more, I got the larger one.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any "step by step instructions" 5 gallon grain brew recipe or know where I can find one? Preferably using bags to steep the grain or some other method. I don't know if I'm ready for mashing. I will try that soon! Almost all of the grain recipes I see assume you totally understand the process, which I do......but I don't. I'm reading a couple books, but I'm more of a hands learner.

I just bought a propane burner, a 44qt stainless turkey fryer Pot and I made wort cooler out of 50' of 3/8 copper tubing. I'd like to use them! I was going to buy the 30qt pot, but for a few bucks more, I got the larger one.

Thanks!

When starting out, I bought kits from Northern brewery in St. Paul, MN. They provided simple to use directions.

I expanded my knowledge base by hanging out at two quality web sites, this one and Northern Brewers forum.

Here is the on-line store at NB. NORTHERN BREWER Look in Beer Ingredient Kits > Extract

Welcome to the hobby

Back