Hello from southern IL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SporkD2

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I live right next to Scott AFB, IL. I have been brewing since Oct 07' and made the jump into AG shortly after.

I went to a local St. Louis beer club meeting last night and met a guy Steve who said this was a good site.

I hope to get to know some people and get some great knowledge.

Thanks

** Quick question...

I have been brewing mostly 10 gallon batches. I have found a place to get fermenters that would be big enough to hold all 10 gallons eliminating the need for two of everything (fermenters, carboys etc.) The only problem with that is I brew in my garage. I was wondering if I get a really really long piece of hosing and drain my cooled wort through about 20 feet of tubing I can transfer from my garage straight into a fermenter. Any risks associated with this? I know it will be a pain to sanatize all this hose but I dont want to carry ~11 gallons of wort down a flight of steps.

Hey man welcome to the sight. Good to have ya. Im originally from effingham IL and now live in St. Louis. Local brew shop is out here right by where i live (Ballwin) St. louis wine and beer.

Your question. As long as its sanitary you would be fine.

Back