Phoenix Brewout 4/12/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In typical olllllo fashion, I am posting a brewout with not a heckuvalot of notice.

Saturday April 12th - Earlier than later.

I can host.

Any interest?

olllllo said:
In typical olllllo fashion, I am posting a brewout with not a heckuvalot of notice.

I can host.

Any interest?

Move to West Palm Florida, same goes for the rest of you. ;)
Sorry, suffering from the "I moved away from all my fellow homebrewers blues"
Two homebrew clubs, Mike T, a burgeoning brewlationship with Evan!, all gone - why did I move here?!?!?

landhoney said:
Move to West Palm Florida, same goes for the rest of you. ;)

Aren't you required to get prostate surgery before you can legally move there?

When you go to the stores, do people just assume you work there because you are not 65+?

olllllo said:
Aren't you required to get prostate surgery before you can legally move there?

When you go to the stores, do people just assume you work there because you are not 65+?

It will be a ghost town in a few months, and you can finally get into restaurants without a wait, etc, etc. :D

olllllo said:

I can host.

Any interest?
Sheeesh, thanks for the heads up! I've already made plans on playing in Gilbert that day but I'll see what I can swing. How early is early?

I'll have my equipment set up the night before so I can get strike water going as I get up. I may be brewing more than 1 10 gallon batch, so...

8AM at the latest for batch 1 and then later in the afternoon for the second. but this is largely dependent on/if others want to be invilved.

olllllo said:
wild,
Are you going top be at the BA meeting on Sunday.

I was considering it.
Oh ya I'll be there with something to taste. You'll enjoy it.

olllllo said:
Do I have to hire a stripper?

If your SWMBO is gone for the day, I say bring out the first aid kit cuz she might burn something!:ban:

I actually might be able to make this. However, I'll have my 3yo daughter with me, so I'm probably not going to be able to actually brew anything.

I had a great day today. I brewed 2 batches... a 10g and a 5g.

And I had the pleasure of the company of wild, wikld's SWMBO, trabus and Iordz.

wild brewed an american red and I brewed Dude's LWPA and Orfy's Mild.

We sampled several beers, noth commercial and home brews. trabus' IPA was very promising for a second beer. Very good nose to it and excellent dryness.

I sampled Iordz' Saison which was milder than he had hoped, but I felt it was very drinkable. I understand what he was going for... but sometimes you get the beer you get. In this case it was without flaw and enjoyable. I can't wait to try some more of your brews.

We all enjoyed the Irish red that wild brought over. It had great body.

trabus missed out, but the rest of us sampled my Bacon flavered vodka... I thought it had a fine bacon character. I'll let these guys post their thoughts.

trabus, your daughter was a polite young lady and she is welcome to the house anytime.

I look forward to brewing with these guys in the future.
I only took one snap, which I'll have to post later.

Back