Optimator-Spaten Munich

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have a recipe that would closely duplicate Optimator-Spaten Munich. Tried it last night. A really great beer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

This is certainly on my list of clones to brew, but I have a big list. :D

Let us know what you are able to locate.

Thanks for the input. Novice brewer here but I love it...Still on training wheels but upgrading soon...

I'll post a recipe if I come across one...Thanks/Smoke.

jbreiding said:
this is one of the only reasons i love going to epcot.
I saw them selling it at Germany in EPCOT when I was there in June and I couldn't believe the sign, I had to read it two or three times before I believed it. My wife's uncle kept saying "now this is a good beer" with every sip.

JoSeR said:

Yep, lots of malt extract and hard-to-find german hops.

There's a recipe for it in Beer Captured. I like it a lot, too, and am using it as a basis for my Obfuscator. It's a damn fine doppelbock.

Being a doppelbock, it's a lager, so be prepared for that sort of temperature control. High gravity brewing + lagering temps = many months of fermentation & conditioning.

High gravity brewing + lagering temps = many months of fermentation & conditioning.

which = yuuuummy:mug:

Back