It's Saturday Brewday - Watchya Makin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled up my latest pm pale. Got 51 bottles,rather than the usual 47 or 48. Just goes to show what straining into primary can do.

This morning made a yeast starter for Belgian Dubbel. Making a batch of candi sugar this afternoon. Brew day tomorrow.

Dry-hopping my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Mashed at too low a temperature, so my OG was too high (1.066), and it finished at 1.012, so quite a bit bigger than appropriate for the style. Oh well, guess it balances out my last brew, which finished up quite a bit lower than intended at 3.5% ABV...

Up early this morning to pasteurize a batch of backsweetened draft cider.

Then I have all-grain batch #2 today -- EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, and #3 tomorrow: AHS Sweet Stout.

I'm a little nervous because I've had a helper the previous times I have brewed. I'm just worried about the tubing staying where it supposed to when I transfer from the MLT to the BK. I'm sure being vigilant will be enough of a solution.

Oh, and I need to remember to drive to Home Depot to buy a new water filter for the house before I start!

Moose drool clone, never even drank the stuff or know anything about it but will find out here in about 6 weeks...:mug:

But first a 40 mile bike ride since the temps are gonna be in the mid 50's.

Brewing Sunday rather than Saturday since I want to make a starter and I need to refill my propane tank today. Plus it's the first day of hockey and I don't want to miss it ;) Tomorrow will be my 2nd batch of Caribou Slobber. Only this time will be an all grain version. I made the extract version of this as my first 5 gal batch last October. Definitely my favorite brew so far. I added a lb of brown sugar at flameout the first time which bumped the ABV up over 6% and gave it a nice flavor, so I think I'll do it again with this batch.

Today will be a Smokin' Hot Blonde Ale- Blonde ale with smoked chipotle peppers added at end of secondary (to get its name)!

Also makin a Marris otter SMaSH. Still haven't decided wether or not to rack my cascade pale to a secondary and put th SMaSH on the yeast cake or pitch some new stuff... Decisions, decisions... Gettin down to the wire.

Brewed my own take on Le Chouffe Houblon (Belgian Pale Ale) and dry hopped my CCCA (Chinook, Columbus, Cascade, Amarillo) BIPA.

It's a good day! :rockin:

Today will be a Smokin' Hot Blonde Ale- Blonde ale with smoked chipotle peppers added at end of secondary (to get its name)!

1.) Does the smoke actually come through on the peppers and into the beer?

2.) What process do you use to smoke the peppers? What kind of wood?

3.) Do you devein/deseed the pepper and/or chop them up?

I've been planning on doing a habanero kolsch this summer... Curious on how others do pepper beer. Most seem to smoke the peppers.

This is my 4th Brew.

I am brewing a Dry Iris stout to get ready for St. Patricks day.

Bottle a Porter last weekend. This was my first brew and can wait until next weekend to sample. Tempted to throw a bottle in the fridge and test during my brewing session.

and I'm kinda sick of the Citra IA I made the first two times, so I made IPA with Centennial, Tetnang and Cascade Hops, used PNW pale ale grain. It's cooling on the back porch before it goes into primary. I plan to use dry ale yeast from Safale when it's cool enough. I'm also going to try not to be an Ale pedofile and wait through the whole two weeks of fermentation before I force carbonate into a 5 gallon Pepsi keg.

Also makin a Marris otter SMaSH. Still haven't decided wether or not to rack my cascade pale to a secondary and put th SMaSH on the yeast cake or pitch some new stuff... Decisions, decisions... Gettin down to the wire.
I was thinking of using the yeast cake formed from a Citra IPA I'm moving to secondary today, I figure if it doesn't bubble in a day or two I can always pitch the yeast I got for this batch anyway. Have you done that before? If so, is the success rate high?

Brewed my own take on Le Chouffe Houblon (Belgian Pale Ale) and dry hopped my CCCA (Chinook, Columbus, Cascade, Amarillo) BIPA.

It's a good day! :rockin:

1.) Does the smoke actually come through on the peppers and into the beer?

2.) What process do you use to smoke the peppers? What kind of wood?

3.) Do you devein/deseed the pepper and/or chop them up?

I've been planning on doing a habanero kolsch this summer... Curious on how others do pepper beer. Most seem to smoke the peppers.

1- I have never tried this one, so it will be a few weeks before i can tell you if it comes through, i have had some before that did very well.

2 these particular peppers i took the easy way and bought them pre-smoked from my grociery store so i could not tell you for sure.

3 no, only take off the stem from the top, if you want more heat cut them open (and or leave them in longer) but i leave all seeds in, put in two whole and one split!

a habanero kolsch sounds amazing... you will have to keep me posted!!!

First post, third brew day!

Scottish Export 80/- kit from Midwest. First batch using liquid yeast (instead of the Munton's that skips with the entry-level Midwest kits). Picked up some Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale from the LHBS this morning. Seems from the forums that I've been under pitching low quality yeast until now, so hopefully I'll see an improvement. Fingers crossed!

Ordered supplies for two brews from midwest Fed-Ex yesterday. Gettin stuff ready for both brews. A dark lager then version2 of my Hopped & Confused ale/lager. The black lager will be the first time I use a Cooper's Heritage Lager can with a small partial mash of a bit of carahell,chocolate malt,& .5lb of rauchmalt.

Brewed my Pilgrim Abbey Tacoma (west coast IIPA) and bottled my West Coast Ale sunday...great weekend

Considering either Denny's Wry Smile Rye IPA or a series of 5 1-gallon SMaSH IPA's.

Back