Leftovers IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarnoBrewer

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday morning and wanted to make beer. So I quickly added up my leftover grains from a Scottish and a Doppelbock to see if I had enough to make anything. I ended up with an IPA. It's not meant to fit a particular style too closely, but I think it'll be pretty good. Here's the recipe:

5# Golden Promise
5# Pilsner Malt
2# Carawheat (from a different previous beer)
.25# Munich
.25# Pale malt
.75oz Newport @ 90min
.75oz Newport @ 60min
.5oz Crystal @ 30min
.5oz Crystal @ 15 min
1oz Crystal @ flame-out
Wyeast American II

I'm not familar with the hops, but it sounds pretty good. I might be willing to drive as far as Independence Missouri for a couple, but your safe in Oregon. Btw, kudos on your loyalty - I'm a, er...well, you know..alright: I'm a Rams fan - there, I said it.

Yeah, part of being a real fan is sticking through the rough spots. And boy, is this a rough spot!

Newport is about 13%, and the Crystal is a really nice 3.5% aroma hop. I find it almost grapefruity, but a lot of people find it to be floral. It's the hop used in Rogue's Brutal IPA.

Back