TAP NY, Hunter Mtn NY Brew/Foodfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtlaw10

Reaction score
ok so i have been looking at the various forum boards to see if this had already been posted because it seems like a legitimate brewfest in the big ole state of new york. it's at the hunter mtn resort between 4/30 and 5/1/2011

http://www.tap-ny.com/

"Welcome to TAPSM New York!

What started out 14 years ago with a couple hundred beer fanatics and a handful of craft brewers at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park has grown into the longest running craft beer and food event in New York State.

TAPSM New York has grown over tenfold through the years to now encompass the entire Base Lodge facilities at Hunter Mountain. Over 30 invited breweries representing over 100 individual beers offer everything from IPAs and lagers to wiesbiers, doppel and trippel bocks, stouts, ales... pretty much any variety you know of, and probably a few that you don't.

Craft brewing is alive and well. The resurgance of craft brewing, spawned in part by the creative brewers at Saranac and Boston Brewing, has lead to fuller bodied, flavorful brews featuring rich colors, bold flavors, and imaginative ingredients.

TAPSM New York is also about food. Each year we offer plenty to eat. The food theme for 2011 is Comfort Food. Daily cooking demonstrations will also show you some great ideas for your own kitchen.

TAPSM is also a beer competition. Brewers from across the state enter their finest suds to compete for plaques and trophies. Each year on Saturday at TAPSM, highly qualified judges choose the best craft brewery in New York State and also the best brewery in the Hudson Valley. On Sunday, the panel of judges decide the best indiviual beers in both the Hudson Valley and the entire state. " - From The TAP NY website frontpage.
*footnote: 'SM' = service mark, which is a legal designation of intermediate protection (i left it in as a result) ie a trademark before its been officially registered in the PTO mark registry.

Sounds like a good time to me, definitely as good as the little brewfests around new england i've been to throughout the years.
Anyways I've seen a number of NY brewers on this board and I thought I would give TAP NY a shoutout and maybe get some folks to make the trek. :drunk:

Some of the invited brewpubs are going to be fantastic.

DEFINITELY worth the trip. I've been going for the past few years and it's just awesome. They do a food theme every year, 2 years ago was sausage, last year was barbeque. I'm not sure what this year's theme is but all the food you can eat is included in admission.

I worked this event a couple of years ago with my buddy. At the time he was a rep for a PA brewery (no since defunct), and he was invited up there. It was.. interesting. One hell of a booze fest at the time. This was at least 4-5 years ago though. haven't been back up there since.

I worked this event a couple of years ago with my buddy. At the time he was a rep for a PA brewery (no since defunct), and he was invited up there. It was.. interesting.

interesting doesnt sound good my friend hahahaha. as long as i wont be stabbed and left to die on the side of hunter mtn im going to declare 'winning!'

interesting doesnt sound good my friend hahahaha. as long as i wont be stabbed and left to die on the side of hunter mtn im going to declare 'winning!'

it turned into a huge drunk fest. we saw three girls walking arm in arm. The outer two had their legs tied to the inner one, who was passed out upright.

ha yea it was a good time - saturday was slightly obnoxious but sunday was downright relaxing - i was drunk within 45 minutes of entering the grounds tho...heh.
best beer of the weekend: Abbot 12 by Northhampton Brewing.

ha yea it was a good time - saturday was slightly obnoxious but sunday was downright relaxing - i was drunk within 45 minutes of entering the grounds tho...heh.
best beer of the weekend: Abbot 12 by Northhampton Brewing.

those guys are a blast to hang out with afterward too!

if only...i got my tasting glass filled and solemnly went away to have my tastebuds rewritten. there was only one brewer there at the time, he was swamped by a drunken homebrew club - it was entertaining.

I love this festival. I've been the past three years and I'm going again this year. We typically go on Sunday because it's definitely more laid back. I look forward to it every year.

sunday was a blast in comparison to the cattle herding event saturday tuned into. i'm trying to convince SWMBO to let us go on sunday only this year - cheaper that way too.
caribbean food theme...could be awesome.

Back