Low profile Sanke Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivEngPE

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Avanti BD-6000 Kegerator so I would be able to utilize commercial Sanke kegs as well as cornies. After inserting my first commercial keg, I noticed a huge problem. The clearance from the top of the sanke tap and the top of the kegerator was only barely enough to allow the beer line to make the 90 deg turn. This situation precluded me from installing a barbed fitting or other type of adapter to allow the removal of the compression fitting that came preinstalled on the beer line. After much research I finally came across a low profile Sanke tap that will work perfectly.

If anyone else has the same issue check this out.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=6193

I had a similar problem with my Haier Kegerator. It would fit American 1/2 barrel kegs without a problem. I ran into issues with German Beers. My Warsteiner keg is skinnier and taller and would not fit with the German coupler, so I had to get a elbow adapter like the one below to make it work. All is well, but now I have 3 cornies in it with a 3 faucet tower for homebrew. My commercial keg buying days are pretty much over.

FT872.jpg

Back