green beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIONS_FAN2539

Reaction score
want to brew my favorite recipe for st pattys and color it green. being somewhat of a rookie im not sure if its possible to add food coloring at bottling time or is there a better way or is this just a stupid question?

LIONS_FAN2539 said:
want to brew my favorite recipe for st pattys and color it green. being somewhat of a rookie im sure if this its possible to add food coloring at bottling time or is there a better way or is this just a stupid question?

You'll have to start out with a very light colored beer, and then add a little blue food coloring at bottling time.

You can use green as well. At work, on St. Patty's Day, we've kept a bottle of green food coloring and drop a couple drops in every pint of lager or light ale that comes out of a tap. What a pain!

Would there be any concern about sanitization of the food coloring, since it has no alcohol in it?

Torchiest said:
Would there be any concern about sanitization of the food coloring, since it has no alcohol in it?

Nah.... you're dropping it into the beer, where there IS alcohol. I doubt you could contaminate the batch at bottling time with a small bit of cood coloring.

-walker

Back