Campden Tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkey17

Reaction score
Hey Folks quick question for ye all

Ok here is what i wanna know ,,

my tap water has alot of chlorine in it and before i start using my coopers Kit i need to take the Chlorine outta water ,,

So do i fill my 5 gallon bucket with Tap water and add half a crushed Campden tablet ,and wait 24 hours ,,,, than add this water to my worth once ive added 2 lts of boiled water etc etc

or can i crush a half campden to 5gallons of water wait a few min will that take the chlorine out instantly ,,and then can i use it ,,

ive looked up some other peoples comments about Campden tables and its a bit confusing ,,when i can i use the water ive treated with the tablets

first off this is the wrong part of the forum to be posting this question. this section is for introducing yourself to everyone on the board not asking questions.

to answer your question boiling removes chlorine. chlorate on the other hand will not be removed by boiling for that you can add 1 crushed campden tablet to your fermenter.

hey im new to this so sorry for posting here didnt realsise wont do it again,, know better next time ,,

cheers for reply

Back