Label Paper...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOP-HEAD

Reaction score
Either I'm an idiot, or I just can't seem to pick the right words, but I've tried searching, and I still can't find much information regarding the right type of paper for labels. I had read awhile back about using name tag stock from places like Office Max... but was curious what most use... regular old office paper? The gummed label paper?

Anywhere that you can purchase paper with backgrounds already on it so I could print in black and white without it looking... oh... like ACME brand brew?

I bought two cases of shipping label stock at a yard sale for 5 buck dollars.
Each label is a 1/2 sheet. I print em with 2 per 1/2 sheet . total of 4 labels per sheet.
cut to size and stick em on. they're pre-glued and fairly thick stock. works great and peel
back off pretty easily.

I've been searching for some good permanent (or long lasting) labels that don't come off easy. I happened to see an ad at the top of the page on this site which caught my eye because I never see ads (Firefox+Adblock) and it had to do with beer labels. I think it's meant to be. They have lots of materials, shapes, and sizes to choose from. I think I am going to try them out. Have a look.

Beer Bottle Labels - OnlineLabels.com

I have a friend who is a graphic designer and he designed some labels for me i dont wanna buy commercial labels. I am cautious to use plain office paper with a fear that the condensation and what not on the bottles will cause the ink to run.

I'm using plain paper and milk. The ink does not run on a colour laser jet printer, can't speak for other types of printers.

The labels stay on quite well. It would take a lot of effort to scrape it off dry. Soak them in warm water and the labels float off. Perfect.

I'm using plain paper and milk. The ink does not run on a colour laser jet printer, can't speak for other types of printers.

The labels stay on quite well. It would take a lot of effort to scrape it off dry. Soak them in warm water and the labels float off. Perfect.

I'll just echo this with one difference. I use just plain paper, printed on a laser jet printer and use a glue stick.

Once dried, if you try to peel the label off, it's stuck good and tears (which I want), but soak it in warm water, slides right off...

Back