Cask conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to have...

I'd like to get several 1.33 gal mini kegs so I can cask condition ales (I'd bottle the rest of the batch), then hook up to a hand pump setup similar to what I saw in London. If there is a way to hook up a small CO2 tank to the keg, to keep the natural carbonation from dissapating, and being replaced with oxygen when you pump out a few pints, that would be nice. I'd get a small fridge to cool the mini kegs to 52 degrees or so, and to keep some bottled beer cool.

Unfortunately, I have no experience in kegging, the fittings on mini kegs, and the dark art of CO2 management, and I'd like to know if this is possible. Oh wise kegmeisters, (and minikeggers) please share some of your wisdom with a bottle freak.

Thanks!

Sure, you can get an O2 tap for those party kegs, but only the ones that will accept a tap.:D

They also have the style that has a built-in tap on the bottom and the (usually) red lever/knob on the top bung that you open to allow airflow. Those work with gravity. You don't need a tap.:D

Back