GreenwoodRover donations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Donations will be accepted through Friday, August 21.

In response to news regarding the passing of our HBT brother GreenwoodRover, a plan of action has been initiated.

If you have funds currently in your balance you may, if you wish, transfer those fund to GWR's account via the link above.

If you wish to donate funds the same link (above) will provide the source.

This collection will end on the 21st of this month and then all funds, donated or transfered, will be forwarded to Kevin's family by TxBrew (Keith).

Donations will be accepted through Friday, August 21.

Let's get that total up, folks.

The total already stands at $155. Maybe we should post the total in this thread occasionally in the hope that it will inspire more donations? Of course, I don't mean a running total that gives away how much individuals have donated.....Just a running total.

I have also been wondering on a couple other points.

Should we have a donations end date? (To help TxBrew)

Should we sticky this thread?

Should we place a link in the original news thread?

I think we should pick a donation end day so I know when to write the check.

I have his address but want to confirm it and who it should be made to. If anyone knows him personally please PM me. I don't want to call his wife right now when I'm sure they are dealing with a lot.

I think we should make the end date no less than 2 weeks from now. That will give most people, me included, that don't have the extra cash now time to get another paycheck. Plus it will give the family some time too.

Oh it feels so good to be a part of this community. When I transferred my balance from my account the total was only 20 bucks...now we are almost up to 250.00

We're awesome!!!!

:mug:

Done.

And Revvy, I couldn't have said it better. This forum is amazing on so many levels.

This is in line with my thoughts. Or perhaps base it on a balance amount (For every $x, etc. ) with an intent to allow all of those who wish to contribute ample time but not so much as to be an inconvienience to the real co-ordinator/facilitator.

What do you do if you do not presently have a balance. Is it set up via Pay Pal or something?

Never mind I gots it all squared now.

I have his address but want to confirm it and who it should be made to. If anyone knows him personally please PM me. I don't want to call his wife right now when I'm sure they are dealing with a lot.

I have address as well, so I'll PM you with what I have. He gave it to me only a couple of weeks ago for the HBT competition. I don't know his family, though.

You think we can get this moved to the news and announcement section? Or at least a link to this from there? I have a feeling that a lot of people might not even look at the off topic stuff.

You think we can get this moved to the news and announcement section? Or at least a link to this from there? I have a feeling that a lot of people might not even look at the off topic stuff.

Sure. I'll take just the first post, and put it in the announcements.

Wow, I can't believe its up to 460 already! it was around 250 when I left work.

I hope our efforts will be able to help even just a little. It can't be easy right now for a young family to loose who was more than likely the main income.

Great idea.

Total is now $430.77

What a great place this is indeed.

Who donated an odd number? :p

Someone was probably also the victim of Laughing gnome's "money spree" when the ability to donate to each other. He would donate pennies and then other members of the "Tap Room" started doing it to each other as will, that's how I ended up with the 6 cents that I decided to keep when i made my rover donation. But other's evidently didn't....Anyone got 13 cents to round it off?

:D

$ 475.- and counting.

This and the HBT-video from last week is what makes us proud to be part of this community.

I hope this will show Kevin's family how he was part of a community that cares, even though most of us probably didn't personally know him.

I will raise my glass to a fallen brother..

Fred

Use the "Donate" portion of the page linked to specify how much you want to donate. It's paypal from there.

Use the "Donate" portion of the page linked to specify how much you want to donate. It's paypal from there.

Go to the person's Profile and look for the Donate link.

Go it and it's done. I couldn't help myself, I had to fix the odd change amount while I was at it.

I'm glad you did- otherwise, I'd have to go back in and do it myself. It was still an "even" number when I donated or else I would have given the odd cents. Sometimes it sucks being anal.

I hope we can help his family out- and let them know that Kevin meant something to us. I know that you are all my "imaginary friends" but we really are a community as well, and really do care for each other. Kevin will definitely be missed by us- but the hole left for his family will be huge.

I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time, and I'm sure you all will too. It's gratifying to see that we've been able to give a meaningful financial gift to his family, and hopefully it can help them somewhat in this very difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back