So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an American Wheat with Cascade brewed up yesterday. It was a good brew day. Prompted me to buy some more hops online. Turned into a 10# order. I'm not complaining. My SWMBO on the other hand.....

Working on an Octoberfest at the moment. Just waiting for the mash to finish up.

I'm about a month late here seeming a as it should have been brewed in March, but whatever.

Should be good to lay down till the October chill is in the air.

I'm going to make a Berliner Weisse and a Gose from one boil on Thursday evening. Then bottling a porter and a saison Friday. After I bottle up my two stouts next week I'll have about 10 full cases of beer! Well that's just counting the 12 oz bottles.

Brewing a Mango IPA this weekend, waiting on my fastferment to get here Friday.. also bottling this weekend an oatmeal cherry stout I have in secondary sitting on 6lbs of organic cherries for 3 weeks.. question I have is, since I pureed the cherries and racked on the stout, WHAT IS THE BEST WAY to strain my beer before bottling?? should I use a sanitized muslin bag over the syphon hose while transferring to the bottling bucket and a strainer ORR should I use a paint bag over the bottling bucket to catch most of the cherry particles.. HELP HELP HELP!!!

Hoping to do a Quaker Stout tomorrow evening. Measuring and grinding my grain tonight.

Last version of this beer turned out poorly. It is a sweet/oatmeal stout that neither had the mounthfeel of oats or the roast character of a stout. Still decent beer but even by my loose classification standards, no where near the mark. Hopefully version II will be closer.

Brewing a Pale Ale with rakau and mosaic this weekend.
Have Done this combo before, but this time i am using a lot of wheat and oats in the Grainbill.

Just finished my 2L starter for the Irish Red I'll be cooking up on Sunday. Gonna give it two months to age and tap it the weekend we move into out new house :mug:

Definitely brewing on Sat.
I don't know what this is though:
8.5 Lb domestic Pilsner
1 lb table sugar
2 oz Saaz.
US05 yeast

I was under the impression this is what a 'steam beer' is- lager made with ale yeast. But I think that's incorrect. Can anyway weigh in?

I'm brewing an ordinary bitter using some homemade invert #2 on Saturday

I'm brewing tomorrow come hell or high water.

I am a teacher and I'm on spring break. If I don't get a brew in this week, I swear I'll break something. Violently.

I am going to bottle/keg (too much to fit in one keg) a batch of my version of the Old Bitter Bastard recipe. I may also bottle up a sour brown, if I get adventurous/ambitious. And I'm planning on brewing the Northern Brewer Ares' Biere de Mars recipe, with a couple additions (some millet just for fun and a tiny bit more bittering hops).

All of this while trying to keep an eye on my 3-year-old while the SWMBO is at work. Should be fun. My schedule has been crazy busy the last week and a half or so, so the intensity of tomorrow is merely in line with what I've become accustomed to.

:tank:

Definitely brewing on Sat.
I don't know what this is though:
8.5 Lb domestic Pilsner
1 lb table sugar
2 oz Saaz.
US05 yeast

I was under the impression this is what a 'steam beer' is- lager made with ale yeast. But I think that's incorrect. Can anyway weigh in?

Not a steam beer. Looks like a pilsner on the drier end of the spectrum. But the yeast is wrong for that.

Steam beer is darker than a pilsner, has a more American hop presence (typically Northern Brewer), and is fermented with a lager yeast that can still produce lager characteristics when fermented at more ale-like temperatures.

Brewing a porter tomorrow. Pretty standard recipe that seems to be a crowd pleaser, the last batch disappeared before I could even enjoy much of it. Also, thinking about what to do with a big old lager yeast cake since my German pils is about ready for lagering in a secondary. Maybe a helles?

Last weekend. Grapefruit IPA, also try out a mead.

image.jpg

Kate The Great clone based on the HBT thread.
8.5 gallons ready to boil.
4 gallons of parti gyle Porter water almost to temp...

image.jpg

Brewing a variant of Biermucher's Centennial Blonde. I did not have C10 nor Vienna, so I used more Carapils and some CaraVienne. I subbed in one lb of Maris for 2 row, and added another .5 of 2 row. I omitted the C10....

Back