BeerSmith Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockout

Reaction score
A guy I was talking to in my LHBS told me BeerSmith could take my ingredients that I entered and suggest recipes.

Since I have a bunch of leftovers from the last year of brewing, I went and entered them all into BeerSmith (I don't usually keep inventory in it, just keep track of my recipes in it) and then looked for this magical function that he'd mentioned.

Of course, I can find nothing of the sort in it. Anyone know if this is true? I have enough ingredients to make at least 2 batches of mystery brew so I gotta make use of this stuff.

Not sure if this is what he was talking about but add all your items in your inventory. Then go and create a new recipe. When you click the various buttons for add grains, add hops, add yeast, etc. select the button that says "Only show in stock items." This way you can only create recipes from items you have in stock.

I looked for an option that you described but couldn't find one. Others might now more than I do.

yeah, i think I may have to go back to my old method of creating a mystery ale - that is, listing my ingredients in a post here and asking people if they know of any recipes that could make use of any/all of what I listed.

This is from the creator of Beersmith himself.

Hi,
Twoheads hinted at this, but you can do this kind of search in BeerSmith - if you have a collection of recipes (say the recipe packs), you can run the "find" function from the "Edit" menu to search by a list of ingredients or all ingredients you have in inventory. You can also loosen the search to specify number of matching ingredients.

Cheers,
Brad

Do you guys find BeerSmith to be very useful? Should I make the investment and buy it?

I just purchased Beersmith yesterday and so far so good. I used the trail version to calculate my strike water temp in the past, then today just inputted all my old recipes. If nothing else, it's a great way to organize because before I just had all my recipes/notes on paper.

Back