Bratwurst Pie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny you post that link now.I watch create tv.Raichlen is on for 6 hours today and the episode you linked to comes on in just over an hour.

I have a few of his books and they all have lots of good recipes.

Just had to chime in and say that this dish is an artery-clogging masterpiece! I added some sauerkraut to the filling (after drying it on some paper towels so that the mix didn't get too watery). Also added in a second egg to help the kraut set. Just amazing flavor!!

Just had to chime in and say that this dish is an artery-clogging masterpiece! I added some sauerkraut to the filling (after drying it on some paper towels so that the mix didn't get too watery). Also added in a second egg to help the kraut set. Just amazing flavor!!

It's good to see people enjoying it as much as I do and some of you have intriguing ideas for modifications. My wife is making one for me this evening. The sauerkraut sounds great. We don't have any on hand right now, but I may just have to try that next time.

I made this last night, it was pretty tasty. I too increased the proportion of eggs in the mixture, and added just a little bit of milk to the mix. The end result was very quiche-like.

I can't wait to try this again with sauerkraut mixed in, as others have suggested.

Just thought I would give this a bump. I made one of these for lunch today and it came out quite tasty. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403052166.489947.jpg

I havent made this yet, but I have done a fridge cleaner fritatta inspired by it when my wife was on business. I know hotdogs arent brats, but I coined a few leftover ones up and sauteed them with some scallions, grape tomatoes and cheddar with about 3 eggs (a little whole milk too).

Not half bad for temporary bachelor food.

That sounds a lot like something I do now & then. Coined hot dogs, onion petals, celery, cut grape tomatoes in a pan of butter with a splash of oil. Salt, pepper, onion powder, minced 2-3 cloves of garlic & saute till tender. Add 6 whisked eggs & cook till bottom is done. Then under the broiler till top is done.
Make up a pan of biscuits & pot of coffee & you're there! I like to use my cast iron skillet for this kind of thing.

Back