Apple juice fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
I'm putting this question here, since it's not exactly a beer question, although it does relate to a batch of beer.

I brewed a Belgian Wit about three weeks ago, and I added one gallon of apple juice to it when I put it in the primary fermenter. Since it's a wheat beer, and it ended up being aboutr 5.5+ gallons of beer altogether, I have no plans to move it to secondary.

My question is, how long does it take apple juice to ferment? Is three weeks long enough for one gallon of juice mixed in with normal beer wort to finish up, or am I risking continued fermentation/bottle bombs by bottling after 22 days? Thanks for any help.

3 weeks should be fine for the primary fermentation I would be more concerned about any sulfery smells or flavors from the cider that may takemore time to mellow out

Apple juice seems to take longer (for me atleast).

I would rely on the hydrometer reading to tell me that fermentation has slowed enough to bottle.
I have a wit fermenting too. That Whitelabs WLP400 wit yeast is powerful stuff.

Back