range of fermentation time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabumbo

Reaction score
So to set the scene: I am going to a cider press in a few weeks. I was considering upping my order to 10 gallons to make two batches.

I have the ability to ferment both at the same time, but I currently only have one available keg.

Is it possible, if I plan correctly, to keg one batch and drink it quickly enough that I could just use the same keg for batch 2?

I've never done cider before, but I am very excited to give it a go, and i want to get as much as i can out of this press while I can get it fresh and bulk discounted.

Not only will the second batch keep, it will probably taste better. Rack it when the fermentation is done.

True - and if you have a keg setup, I highly recommend cold crashing these before the sugar fully ferments out. You will get a much better taste that anything you can do with backsweeting. More details are on the last page of the sticky.

Back