Love Temp Controller Probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Anyone know if the standard temperature probes that come with a Love Temp Controller are waterproof?

I'm pretty sure they are. At least I hope so because I put mine into a homemade thermowell filled with ice pack goo. And I got this idea from someone else here, so we are both kind of screwed if they aren't.

I cut open one of those ice bags that they sometimes use in shipping cold stuff. I squeezed some into a White Labs vial and then placed the probe in along with the probe from a outdoor thermometer, and duct taped the top closed and relatively sealed. I only filled the vial about 1/3 full as I wasn't sure how much thermal mass I wanted. (Larger thermal mass= bigger dead space)

I plan to do a more professional job (once I have proof of concept) by drilling a hole in the original cap of the vial and running the probes through that hole and sealing it with wax.

Back