New to the brew from Marietta,GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bctdi

Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking for a month...and this site has been a huge help for me.I have 1 finished brew under my belt and 1 in the fermentor.I wasn,t super happy with my first, so I decided to say screw it and start some all grain brewing!So now it's like every other day I have a new shipment coming to my door of some new piece of equipment...10 gal steel pot...50 ft of copper...already made a grain crusher from a 15$ pasta maker (thanks to instructions found on HBT)...made a MLT from a 48 qt cooler (again with tips fro HBT).I am kegging in a corny...but now I need another keg and 1 more fermentor so I can keep the pipeline going.:D.I need to pick out a good recipe so I can do a respectable 1st AG brew.I'm actually excited about this!

Hey all, been lurking for a month...and this site has been a huge help for me.I have 1 finished brew under my belt and 1 in the fermentor.I wasn,t super happy with my first, so I decided to say screw it and start some all grain brewing!So now it's like every other day I have a new shipment coming to my door of some new piece of equipment...10 gal steel pot...50 ft of copper...already made a grain crusher from a 15$ pasta maker (thanks to instructions found on HBT)...made a MLT from a 48 qt cooler (again with tips fro HBT).I am kegging in a corny...but now I need another keg and 1 more fermentor so I can keep the pipeline going.:D.I need to pick out a good recipe so I can do a respectable 1st AG brew.I'm actually excited about this!

Welcome! I'm in Snellville! There is an Atlanta area group here you may want to join, bunch of knowledgable people and we do group buys to get grain and hops cheap! My last 55 pound bag of two row came to $26! Just hit the groups link above, and look for North ATL Brewers!

Hey welcome from Marietta as well! Straight to AG?! Sounds awesome.. I've been entertaining that thought but never could pull the trigger because my 1 bedroom apartment is no bigger than a jail cell. However I just signed a new lease in a much bigger 2 bedroom right off Whitlock Ave. over by the Square so I should be able to slowly upgrade from there. Let us know how the AG plunge goes.

thanks for the welcome:mug:...I just joined the N ATL group and I'll definately get in on the next group buy. $ 26 for a 55# bag of 2 row is a price no reasonable man can refuse:D.

Welcome from Cartersville!!! I work in the Marietta area (Cobb Galleria). I did one extract which I didn't care for so I went straight to all grain after that too!

Back