first brew in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeCollegeStudent

Reaction score
Ok, so i brewed an alaskan amber as my first beer. I did everything as was in the recipe. Let it sit an extra 4-5 days in the secondary, bottled, and let sit while i was gone on spring break.
I used safale s04 if that helps this, but my room was about 65-68 while the bottles were conditioning, i tried my brew after 9 days in the bottle, and it was real sharp and bitter. Pretty flat as well. It did the psss when i cracked it, but no head or bubbly taste. I know it needs more time, but should it start tasting like a decent beer by now?? or should i not worry and everything will be alright?

yeah man RDWHAHB......or a commercial...

9 days is pretty quick the "rule" is 3wks and thats probubly a good place to start. although it's also cool to you know..."check the carbonation" after a week but don't expect it to be awesome yet

Doesn't most beer hit it's prime at like month 3 or 4.....can someone chime in on this?

anyway congrads on getting your new brew in bottles! whats next?

Back