attempting to save my cider with water bong technology

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
I'm attempting to overcome an unfortunate run in with sodium benzoate with a big starter and constant aeration. I took an aquarium bubbler we had sitting around and ran that into a carboy full of star-san solution. That bubbles up and then leaves the carboy through another tube at the top that goes into my other carboy full of cider. My cider is probably ruined due to the benzoate but I'm still proud at my attempt at making a sanitary aeration system in 15 minutes. The carboy full of santizer has one of the orange carboy caps on it with the hoses sealed off air-tight on the outside with silly putty. Don't judge, it's doing its' job:drunk:

What's a bong? :)
Hopefully this works out. I have always heard that once you overdose on sodium benzoate, there is no recovery.
Of course, I like the horror stories that keep me from making mistakes. As posted in other threads I have my fair share of them.

Back