Bombsight Brewstand build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
This'll be a placeholder for a brewstand build I'm doing for a friend.
My friend Walter, whose wife is manager of Maryland Homebrew asked me to weld up a stand for his brewery.

Walter went ahead and drew up the design himself in Visio:
http://bombsightbrewery.com/Brewery-Stand.vsd

Yes, those dimensions on the vessels are real. He has a 55 gallon HLT a 35 gallon MLT and 35 gallon kettle.

First step for me, actually, is going to be making a new welding table. I got a humongous (and heavy!) 5ft x 10ft steel sheet for the table top and will be using the same 2x2 11ga. tube steel for the frame and legs.

I'll be posting pics of everything in this thread, starting tomorrow.

Working on the welding table at the moment and there wasn't much to show. Probably expect some pics this week/ weekend of the table progress.

Well, so far not a lot of progress on the stand itself, but today I got the top of my welding table done.

I truly have no idea how I'm gonna get this thing turned over and put back into place when it is done, LOL

n501456396_2672232_6086490.jpg

Is this going to be an electric setup, or are you going with gas, and if you are going with gas will a single burner be enough?

This is gonna be natural gas, and it will have two burners - one for the HLT and one for the Kettle. It'll be plumbed for a third burner, too. He can't decide whether he wants three or not.

n501456396_2726109_7808445.jpg

AWW YEAH! My table's done!
The big challenge now: Getting the damn thing turned over! I'm gonna post pics of that on Saturday.

Back