Low or High Pressure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer one

Reaction score
I'm building a 10gal system using converted Sanke kegs and propane as fuel. I'm not shure witch burners to use low pressure or high pressure. I see pictures alot of systems that have eather one or the other.

I think within the realm of propane regs, there is some variability too. FWIW, I've had better success running 2 SQ14's off a 10 PSI reg than a 20 PSI one. It's counter intuitive, but I found that the higher the pressure, the more likely the burner would blow itself out. 10 PSI works awesome and can supply both burners at the same time while on full blast. Maybe you should specify what burner you might use...then we can help.

I think within the realm of propane regs, there is some variability too. FWIW, I've had better success running 2 SQ14's off a 10 PSI reg than a 20 PSI one. It's counter intuitive, but I found that the higher the pressure, the more likely the burner would blow itself out. 10 PSI works awesome and can supply both burners at the same time while on full blast. Maybe you should specify what burner you might use...then we can help.

I agree with scuba. On my current rig i have two hurricanes. I first hooked them up with a regular propane regulator and they barely did anything. the high pressure regulator fixed them right up. now the only problem is the small 20 pound propane tank freezing up sometimes.

Back