First shot at a label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the name!

Gotta say that the graphics programs are kicking my @ss too, though.

What program are you using? I found paint.net to be pretty good and there are plenty of guides available to do common things.

pretty interesting. I always think of beer labels as sketch or more of a cartoon look.. nice photo incorpoeration.

reminds me of acid brand cigars because of the bike

I was playing around with Paint.net, GIMP, and Inkscape. I found it easiest to do the text with Inkscape because it allows one to edit the text after the fact...the other 2 programs seem to imbed the text into the image so that it cannot be changed.
The image itself was not mine. I found it on the web and someone in this forum helped me stretch the background.

I was playing around with Paint.net, GIMP, and Inkscape. I found it easiest to do the text with Inkscape because it allows one to edit the text after the fact...the other 2 programs seem to imbed the text into the image so that it cannot be changed.
The image itself was not mine. I found it on the web and someone in this forum helped me stretch the background.

At least with Paint.net you are correct, I found the solution was to make a new layer for each set of text. Then you can manipulate the entire layer to add shading or other manipulations.

That's pretty killer! But the real question is: are you actually going to print these out and put them on your beer?

That's pretty killer! But the real question is: are you actually going to print these out and put them on your beer?

Thanks...LOL...well, the irony is that I keg my beer. But I want to fill some bottles from the keg to give to friends. That said, more than anything, I did the label for the hell of it. I'll try my hand at some others.

Thanks...LOL...well, the irony is that I keg my beer. But I want to fill some bottles from the keg to give to friends. That said, more than anything, I did the label for the hell of it. I'll try my hand at some others.

This is usually how my labels go to. I do them for fun and they never end up on the bottles. Now I keg and once I finish the tap box, (finally insulated it this weekend, Just trim and stain now) I plan on putting the labels in the tap handles.

If you make the text lines in gimps individual layers, you can go back in and edit the text. Just don't convert the image to jpg or anything besides ***.xcf or it merges them all into one layer to view.

Back