Healthy Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwillyBilly

Reaction score
Hello all!

I spent 12 hours yesterday dealing with a stuck mash. Finally got the beer into fermenter around 9:30 last night. Checked it at around 7:00 am this morning and things were happy. Came home tonight around 7:30 and found it had blown the top. See pics. How do I save this beer? Please help!

ForumRunner_20121105_194020.png

:) I am doing the same thing as we speak. Yes it should hold. I myself am so excited with my first homebrew that i keep checking the bubbles from the airlock. If anything happens I'm sure ill catch it ;)

This is my 14th and the first time this has happened. Im not longer excited. I just want to go to bed and not wake up to a mess.

Jesus that pic is scary! What temp were you at on this ferment? Did you leave any headspace in the bucket ?

Jesus that pic is scary! What temp were you at on this ferment? Did you leave any headspace in the bucket ?

:D

Can just imagine how the vast majority of people, non-homebrewers, would react to seeing that pic.:fro:

THAT is a vigorous fermentation:rockin:

Unibrow said:

It's about 65 degrees in the basement there. I put 5.5 gallons in the 6.5 gallon bucket.

Ogri said:
:D

Can just imagine how the vast majority of people, non-homebrewers, would react to seeing that pic.:fro:

THAT is a vigorous fermentation:rockin:

Got a little on the ceiling too.

Helibrewer,

Thanks for the advice. I put on the blowoff tube and it held up fine. I'll always start with a blowoff tube from now on.

Back