Is my beer (Brew House) ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
Well, THANK YOU Irene!! Thanks for dropping that big arsed tree on my new (1.5 years old) brew house. Thanks for crushing my new 6 tap kegerator, my fermentation chamber, oh and lets not forget the glass carboys you smashed to bits! I will NOT be naming my next brew after you, wench!

But, on a positive note, I did save the Harley that was parked in there, only dings and scratches. Fermentation chamber "may" be saved, we'll see once the rest of the tree gets removed. I'm being told the entire building will collapse once the tree moves any at all. The roof is actually being supported by 3 twelve packs of empties. All's not lost, as of right now I still have one carboy :D

2011-08-28_07-40-32_653.jpg

2011-08-28_08-21-05_69.jpg

2011-08-28_17-28-23_210.jpg

That sucks, but could have been worse. It's only a shed and some brewing eqpt. All easily replaced.

Funny you won't be naming a brew after Irene. We were supposed to be down in OBX this week. I'm kegging a DWeizen tonight and have named it Dirty Whore Dunkelweizen after Irene. We're taking it down on our re-scheduled trip end of Sept. to tap it in her (dis)honor.

That is terrible. You used to have a cool brew shed. Is it bad that I am jelous of your smashed brew house?

sucks bro... i sense an "irene IPA" in your future... or maybe an "FU Irene, I'm ESB"

maybe she saw the free beer sign and couldn't find any other way to get in

sorry for your losses, hope Ins covers it all

sounds like you and loved ones are safe at least

+1 on needing a beer. Should have seen me pacing the floor right after it happened. To be honest, I was more concerned with the Harley than the beer :confused: SHMBO was NOT happy when I went out during the storm to see if I could get the bike out before it came crashing down. Stupid me forgot I locked the key to the bike in my tool box at the front of the shed so I had to wait until the next day to crawl in and get the keys to get the bike out. Still without power, waiting on power company to remove the tree. :tank:

Relax, Don't Worry, Have a homebrew!! I know, I know, but it seems to fit... :tank:

Calling all vendors, homebrewer needs saving, send free replacements at once, your contribution to the Hurricane Irene Cleanup!! :)

I'm told by the Ins carrier I'm covered for the building and its contents, but was told it could be another week before an adjuster looks at it and makes a determination. I hope he likes beer and is very sympathetic!

Wow that sucks.....

At least you safe. Soon you will be able to rebuild. You canmake any changes that you want to make it ecen better.

BTW I am jelous of you brew shed

I'm told by the Ins carrier I'm covered for the building and its contents, but was told it could be another week before an adjuster looks at it and makes a determination. I hope he likes beer and is very sympathetic!

Hey man, I'm serious. If you need yeast when you're ready to brew, I'll re-colonize your supply!

M_C

Sorry about the brewshed, that stinks. However, have you put any thoughts on how you might improve your setup upon the insurance rebuild? Disaster can stem opportunity! :mug:
P.

Too bad on the brew shed, at least the bike is good. I'd be devastated if something happened to mine.

Took 7 days, but power has been restored. Still waiting on tree guy to remove what's left of tree. Then I can get inside shed and see what I can salvage.

Oh yeah, we gonna rebuild. Already planning some improvements. Just need insurance guy to show up and start writing checks. Need to get this project moving before cool weather gets here.

You do have cable? I''m sure you had plenty of warning that a hurricane was coming... Your fault stop bitching.

GySgtLynn said:
You do have cable? I''m sure you had plenty of warning that a hurricane was coming... Your fault stop bitching.

Yeah, I hear ya. I completely forgot to call in a lowboy to move my 20' building inland to avoid tree damage. Not to mention the electrician and plumber. Oh, BTW, im in Richmond, that's 2 hrs inland already. We were only supposed to get rain. Go to the back of the bus, dork.

OH YEA i totally forgot about the news report about moving all of your brew house. When there is flooding every where and you have 20 ft or higher trees all around your house. What you going to do move you whole House . Snafu for the next storm dont forget to move you house some where dry. GySgtLynn you were not out on the east cost so keep you mouth shut..

I am sorry. I was a little **** faced last night. I had to right to post that, again sorry.

Check out Joe Cartoon's "gerbil bar" on youtrub. Funny stuff. That brew house looks like a new version of Dorothy's house after the twister.
"I'll get you my pretty. And your little brew house too!"!!

Back