force carbing, but not over carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
This is just a question as to why this would not work. If you are trying to force carb and don't want to go the Set it and forget it route, wouldn't the best option so as to not risk over carbing be to.... Take the keg, firgure the SIAFI psi, set it to that psi say 12psi, shake the crap out of it, let it sit for an hour, shake the crap out of it, let it sit for an hour, etc?? This way the beer never goes over the desired psi and thus never over carbs. I'm sure I'm missing something, but it seems this would be the best way to go about things??:confused:

It would probably work, but still take a couple days, but compared t a week , it's better.

I always had good luck with 25psi at 40 degrees for 2-1/2 days. Perfect everytime.

If I was going to involve shaking the crap out of it, I'd go with 30 psi and shake the crap out of it like I did before I used set it and forget it. Then if it over-carbed I'd relieve the pressure and shake the crap out of it until it was no longer over-carbonated. Seems like less shaking the crap out of it.

Back