Starsan film on bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlejon326

Reaction score
Hey guys, I let some bottles soak for a batch a couple weeks back (or more), and the keg i was going to bottle ended up being put in the kegerator. im bottling another batch tonight but noticed starsan left a permament film of such inside the bottles, think itll affect the taste of the beer?

StarSan is tasteless so IF that is StarSan you're safe. Just make sure you rinse and re-sanitize them (when using StarSan your bottles should still be wet upon bottling).

yea i just hate leaving that gross looking film in the bottles, you know the film you get when you leave star san for a looong time and it turns your lines white! ill give them all a good rinse and dousing with starsan in my bucket and then just hope it wont have an effect

I would recommend rinsing them with water and trying to get rid of the film. Keeping your bottles as devoid of films etc. is good practice so that you don't get an infection somehow in the future.

solid point, ill rinse em in my bucket and if i get an off taste ill learn not to keep starsan in bottles too long ;)

Back