Smokey Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Country Brewery

Reaction score
Smokey Porter

SMOKEY LABEL.JPG

I like this one! nice job making the name look like smoke. I like the semi-hidden brewery name, ABV and location. good job.

I'm really liking the whole Smokey Bear thing! The space to Smokey's left, under the "Smokey Porter" seems a bit empty to me, I know, it's full of fire & burning trees, but it still seems like it needs a little something there.

Also, I think the text for "Smokey Porter" should be a bit larger, this could help reduce that "empty" seeming area. Maybe enlarge the font to about twice the current size & stack the words? At the very least, I think I'd increase the font size.
Just my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

I'm really liking the whole Smokey Bear thing! The space to Smokey's left, under the "Smokey Porter" seems a bit empty to me, I know, it's full of fire & burning trees, but it still seems like it needs a little something there.

Also, I think the text for "Smokey Porter" should be a bit larger, this could help reduce that "empty" seeming area. Maybe enlarge the font to about twice the current size & stack the words? At the very least, I think I'd increase the font size.
Just my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

Thanks, I appreciate the input! I tried stacking and it doesn't work because of the "smoke." I guess I could always take the "smoke" out of the bottom word. I bumped up the font a bit and it does look better. Thanks again.

Back