Best $3.50 Spent Yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
I found this clip-on magnifying glass at a local Meijer store by the reading glasses. It is marketed for clipping onto prescription medication bottles but it fits perfectly onto my hydrometer test jar allowing to take gravity readings a bit more precisely. It is at 3x magnification.

P1010839.jpg
[/IMG]

Not that I'm getting old, or that my eyes are getting bad............... but that seems like a great find.

I love you (in a heterosexual way of course) for discovering this!!! :D

This is awesome as someone who's eyes are going bad, I always end up digging for a pair of cheaters to take a reading.

Bobby, you once mentioned that you thought your refractometer would be doable for someone with crappy eyesight, I keep meaning to ask you for the name and model number of it.

But the calculations for correcting a refractometer's reading of a fermented beverage are a pain.

And the samples are WAY too small to drink.;)

But the calculations for correcting a refractometer's reading of a fermented beverage are a pain.

not really -- someone posted an .xls on here recently that calculates it.

But then again, I usually just use a refractometer for the pre-fermentation and hydro for the post-fermentation

And the samples are WAY too small to drink.;)
you are correct - but I still squeeze the tube into my mouth! :D

Back