Best root beer extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys,
First I'm sorry for posting this here, I know it is off subject. Most of the other forums look like they dont get visited to much so I figured I would get the best responses here. Anyway, I am planning on making a batch of root beer in a corny keg and force carbonating. Just curious if anybody else does this and if so what extracts they have used and how they turned out? Also any tricks and tips would be nice too. Thanks a bunch.

There's plenty of discussion of root beer recipes in the "Recipes" forum...you just need to look back aways, or use the search function.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to that forum for you.

Remember the root beer flavor will absorb into you o- rings on your corny. I would switch out the o-rings when you keg beer and keep them for the next time you make root beer.

I just got this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580170528/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Very good book. I am a bit disapointed by one thing though. It seems that the suggestion is strong to just make what you can fit in your fridge. Kinda limiting I feel. Apparently the problem is the yeast keep fermenting the sugars and you could have root beer bottle bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back