Interest in 45gal kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We can now get our hands on a very nice 45gal kettle in the same style as our other kettles. We will be offering the 45gal kettle with 3 welded 1/2" NPT couplers (valve, thermo, sightglass) and lid for around $650 shipped. The more or less couplers you need will affect the price as well.

If interested email or PM me :mug:

45gal kettle sitting next to our 20gal kettle :ban:
IMG_1643.jpg

Ben Caya
Owner | Spike Brewing LLC
TF: 888.282.2566
C: 262.432.2413
E: [email protected]

And I thought my new sparkly spike brewing 20gal was big! Woah!

Loving the new pot btw Ben.

That is a mighty fine kettle there. :D

I bet I can't pick it up when full with those flimsy handles...

Trying to picture how many fermenters I would have to have lined up and ready after brewing in a 45 gallon kettle.... :)

Wow now that's a kettle. I'm picturing that scene in crocodile dundee where he says 'that's not a knoif, THIS is a knoif!'.

Dang thats nice.. Do you happen to have the dimensions handy?

24.5" W x 23.5" T

Have you considered welding tri clover fittings on the bigger kettles?

It's been discussed. We're looking into what the demand is.

I have that eBay kettle sitting in my shop. It's very thin and the lid doesn't fit because the kettle isn't close to being round.

We just got this in yesterday so the price isn't locked down but it is ball park. I don't want to get into the welded vs weldless debate but there is a reason we only offer welded and it does cost more than punching a hole and sticking a valve through it. It's up to the customer to decide if the extra value is worth it. I would also double check on that kettle. It's under Blichmann's MSRP and includes shipping. We've priced shipping out at around $120/kettle so I wouldn't be surprised if that's a mistake.

I will be interested in a few months, save me a ton of money for shipping on the stout kettles.

I have that eBay kettle sitting in my shop. It's very thin and the lid doesn't fit because the kettle isn't close to being round.

Can you post a photo or two of them side by side to show the differences? They appear to be the same pot. What would you sell one for without the welded couplers?

I would also double check on that kettle. It's under Blichmann's MSRP and includes shipping. We've priced shipping out at around $120/kettle so I wouldn't be surprised if that's a mistake.

Blichmanns MSRP is $669, that probably is a mistake. But you can get the blichmann's shipped for $669, lots of shops offer free shipping specials from time to time (Rebel Brewer has one going on right now).

Can you post a photo or two of them side by side to show the differences? They appear to be the same pot. What would you sell one for without the welded couplers?

Our new kettle is on the left. eBay kettle on the right
IMG_1661.jpg

Difference in handles. Ours is on the left
IMG_1662.jpg

The lid doesn't seat at all. The lid is also very flimsy (thickness .6-.8mm)
IMG_1663.jpg

Blichmanns MSRP is $669, that probably is a mistake. But you can get the blichmann's shipped for $669, lots of shops offer free shipping specials from time to time (Rebel Brewer has one going on right now).

It would surprise me if retailers honored free shipping on something this big. It's going to cost ~$100 to ship and they are probably making $150-$200 off this kettle.

Back