What is it and how do I control it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
Found some holes in some of my leaves and found this little guy.

DSCF2954.jpg

DSCF2953.jpg

I had one as a boy, and it made a cocoon and became a moth.:rockin:

...or wait a minute, maybe that was the one that turned into a little red bug. Either way it morphs into something else.

That's a beautiful story badbrew. I'm afraid my experience with it isn't as happy as the one you had. He's going to have to go somewhere else though to build up his energy stores.

He's the #1 suspect in some recent hop leaf damage. I also saw some tiny black insects with wings that are too small to photograph. There are small holes in some of the lower leaves.

If small holes in your lower leaves are the biggest problem you have, then I wouldn't say you have a problem at all. Plants actually grow slightly better if they are damaged a small amount, so those holes are not actually doing any harm to your plants.

If you see more of those larvae, just pick off the infested leaves and dispose of them in the garbage.

If small holes in your lower leaves are the biggest problem you have, then I wouldn't say you have a problem at all. Plants actually grow slightly better if they are damaged a small amount, so those holes are not actually doing any harm to your plants.

If you see more of those larvae, just pick off the infested leaves and dispose of them in the garbage.

In my experience small problems usually develop into big problems if not dealt with. I bought and applied some Bonide Garden Dust.

Back