FAO Andre the Giant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80/-

Reaction score
Hi Andre !,

I'm intrigued by the sig. Care to share the 90/- recipe you have planned ?

There's only two 90/- I've sampled here in Scotland - one from a brewpub on Rose Street in Edinburgh (allegedly the street with the highest concentration of pubs in the UK :D ) and the more widely available McEwans 90/- in bottles.

I'd love to know the recipe and how it turns out

Slainte !

80/-

I'm sure Andre will chime in here, but the recipe he said he was basing his on is here in the Cat's Meow collection. There was a thread about it somewhere here a couple of weeks ago...just can't find it now.
Beer Captured has a Belhaven Wee Heavy clone. I always thought a wee heavy was a little heavier than 90/-, but that's what the book claims it is. If you haven't tried the Belhaven Wee Heavy, to me it's very similiar to the McEwan's.

Thanks for the link pistolero.

I've yeat to track down a Belhaven wee heavy - should be easyu enough to find, the brewery is only 10 miles away from me, but I haven't seen any in the shops riound here.

Cheers

80/-

Back