Chai Tea Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldubya

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and for my first batch I would like to try making a chai tea beer. I have searched around and have been unable to find a recipe that is quite right for what I have in mind however. As I am new to brewing I need a recipe that not only uses extracts but also only requires a primary fermentation. From my research it sounds like a milk stout might be the best base for my creation, as it would be a good replacement for the milk base of chai tea, but I would love to hear other suggestions. Also, I would like it to be fairly caffeinated if possible, so I would rather use real chai tea rather than just chai spices. If anybody could help me out by either pointing me to recipes that fit this description or helping me create a recipe that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I love chai tea. In my opinion stout is to rich and dark for chai.. I'm not sure how to get a bunch of caffeine in there, but if I were you I would use brewed tea AND chai spices.. This sounds like a great idea! Let us know what you come up with, because I would be interested in giving it a try..

Back