Weissbier Osternweiss Bavarian Hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tborgman

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
wyeast 3068- weihenstephen weizen
Batch Size (Gallons)
5 gallons
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
60 min
IBU
19 IBU
Color
3.1 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14days at 68 F
Tasting Notes
Classic tasting hefeweizen with a balanced banana and clove flavor
Grain Bill:

German Pilsner Malt: 5 lb 8oz
German Wheat Malt: 5 lb 8oz

Hops:

1.25 oz German Hallertauer Hersbrucker (AA 4.1%) 60 min
.25 oz German Hallertauer Hersbrucker (AA 4.1%) 15 min
.50 oz German Hallertauer Hersbrucker (AA 4.1%) 5 min

Single infusion mash at 151 F for 60 minutes mash out at 170 F

I also used about .5 lb of rice hulls (presoaked) during the lauter to inhibit a stuck sparge (probably not even necessary with a 50/50 mix I was using in the grain bill, but as it was the first attempt, better safe than sorry)

I just bottled this today and it already tasted great even before carbonation. I am looking forward to the end product.

If it's going into the recipe database, it needs to be a tried and true recipe that you've brewed enough to base your credibility on. Sorry man, but if it's just being bottled, you should probably wait a few weeks until it's finished then come back with some proper tasting notes.

bradsul said:
When posting a recipe to the database please try and follow the simple guidelines listed below. This will help ensure that the HomebrewTalk.com recipe database is a valuable resource for brewers containing only quality, proven recipes.

Back