I want kitchen taps, show me yours!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
We are moving soon and I will be remodeling a kitchen... somewhat.within that remodeling are plans to put my 6 tap perlick tower in the kitchen.

Show me how you did yours? are they through counter? through wall?
did you run a trunk line with coolant? air cooling?

you can see my current setup below in my post, I'd like to put in butcher block counters and have the tap tower installed through that.

why in the kitchen? Why not in a bar-ish area?

I know I will be redoing the kitchen and am unsure of other areas, and the room below it is more storage/utility so I can easily put my keg fridge in it and run the lines upstairs into the kitchen.

I'm not against putting it elsewhere, I just really want them in the kitchen.

why in the kitchen? Why not in a bar-ish area?

Well, for one, because we're not all rich living in 6,000 sq ft houses, and it may be that the kitchen is the only place to put it.

Also, a kitchen tap is awesome. The kitchen is where food and drinks come from for most people.

Well, for one, because we're not all rich living in 6,000 sq ft houses, and it may be that the kitchen is the only place to put it.

Also, a kitchen tap is awesome. The kitchen is where food and drinks come from for most people.

I'm not rich, and live in a sub 2,000 sqft house. I still have a "bar area". I cook ALOT, and would not want to lose that space to bar taps. YMMV.

put em away boys.

the house I will be moving into has no great deal of extra counter space at the moment. I love big open kitchens with lots of space and so I will be ripping out old cabinets, adding new countertops or tiling over some of the old ones. and maybe even extending the kitchen out into an area which is now a kind of screened in porch/patio hybrid. Counter space should not be an issue when I am done.

My taps are presentable
jtlHJ.jpg
and I don't want to shove them somewhere they won't be used.

I have 5 children, my wife and I cook nearly all of our meals from scratch at home. I love having open space to work and keep a few key kitchen gadgets - kitchen aid mixer, vita mix, knives and space for a giant cutting board.

Have nothing to contribute to this post other than to say good on ya brother and you'll find a perfect spot for that 6-tapper.

I have my tap system in my Kitchen, I didnt do a full re-design of the kitchen I just pretty much bought an unfinished cabinet then finished it. My kitchen is horribly designed but sadly I don't have the money right now to redesign it (saving for a wedding). Personally I love having a bar section of my kitchen and as you can see from this picture (i've done a lot more to it I will take a picture tonight and post it here) it can stand on its own. Even if I could resign my kitchen I would keep the bar area seperate or distictive some how.. maybe in its own corner or side? If your going to have 6 taps in your kitchen you want to show it off a bit not just blend it in haha. My taps come through the wall and arent really cooled, i was going to run a liquid cooling line with the beer lines but I foudn with ~12 feet of beer line insulated and directly attached to my converted chest freezer downstairs the beer was cold enough coming out and I wasn't having an issue with foaming.

For your situation though I would add a cooling line and keep it all within an insulated tube or even go with Glycol but that is a bit more expensive.

Beer.jpg

This is my setup My garage is right behind the kitchen, so the tap lines are only 5 feet long. Used some pipe insulation to keep the beer cold. Works great. The fridge is butted up against the wall and I drilled a hole through the wall and into the counter. All I need now is to put in a drip tray.

2011-11-22 20.48.32.jpg

This is my setup My garage is right behind the kitchen, so the tap lines are only 5 feet long. Used some pipe insulation to keep the beer cold. Works great. The fridge is butted up against the wall and I drilled a hole through the wall and into the counter. All I need now is to put in a drip tray.

Nicely done.

Back