Group buy in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pm'd ace and told him I'm in for two bags instead of one if you're keeping track too.

Ace is forwarding me everyone's request and I'm updating the spreadsheet accordingly. Everyone who is on this should check the spreadsheet for any inconsistencies. Thanks.

PM'd my list. If it's too much and others need the space let me know and I can drop a sack or two. I assume they can just strap small items/cleaning supplies to the pallet?

Alright all,

With thatguyryan's order, we are now at 21 sacks of grain plus some additional non-grain items. Talk to your friends/neighbors/pets/etc. and let's get the remaining 16 sacks ordered so that this can become a reality!

Alright all,

With thatguyryan's order, we are now at 21 sacks of grain plus some additional non-grain items. Talk to your friends/neighbors/pets/etc. and let's get the remaining 16 sacks ordered so that this can become a reality!

I think we're at plenty more than 21. Still updating the speadsheet...

with ThatGuyRyan's order, we're at 27 sacks so far. Everyone please go over the spreadsheet and check for indiscrepancies. I tried to be as detailed yet concise as possible. If you have questions let me and Ace know. Thanks.

Anyone interested; or preferably a few people, splinting a 55lb sack of specialty?

The last few times I ran a GB we bought a sack of 60L and divided it, everyone got ~7lbs.

Anyone interested in that? if we do a crystal we would need most of the group to go in on the split.

Im thinking biscuit, rice hulls, etc.

Also anyone interested in splitting a sack of MO?

conpewter said:
Since we are only using paypal to transfer money to the person actually buying the product we could send it as "gift" and not have the fees.

Interesting...

Here's more info:
bit.ly/i7NkZc

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I might be interested in a split. Depends what it is though. I have a brew buddy I can ask too. Were already splitting a wheat

Anyone interested in splitting sacks of the following:

- Grains of Paradise (1 lb package) (I want 4 oz but would take half a pound to make the deal happen... price is UNREAL)
- Bitter Orange Peel (I want 1/4 to half #)
- Sweet Orange Peel (I want 1/4 to half #)
- Vienna Malt (from Franco-Belg or Best Malz) (I want half a sack)
- Medium Crystal (from Fawcett or Bairds) (I want half a sack)
- Flaked Wheat (I want half a sack)
- Rye Malt (maybe 3-way split if enough interest but would take half to make it happen)

Please lemme know or if any of the rest of you are looking to split certain things.

I would like some Rye but 25lbs is a lot. If we can split that 4 ways great!

I could also take 1/4lb of Grains of Paradise.

In order to better keep track of the split orders, feel free to solicit responses for splitting items in this thread. However, once you have something figured out, PM me with the item and who is splitting it (and how it is being split if not in equal amounts).

Thanks,

I'll take the last fourth of rice hulls.

I might be interested in a bitter/sweet orange peel split as well.

In order to better keep track of the split orders, feel free to solicit responses for splitting items in this thread. However, once you have something figured out, PM me with the item and who is splitting it (and how it is being split if not in equal amounts).

Thanks,

Yes, that's a great idea. Thanks everyone.

We're at 31 sack so far. I may yet purchase an additional sack myself. We're almost at our target of 37.

bmason, if I get a couple of these sack splits we will make that number no problem. I will be getting several sacks that I just have not yet specified. Was trying to figure out these split-sacks first.

You may want to contact the supplier and ask if the rice hulls take up more than one sack space. I have a feeling that they will be 2-3X the size of the normal sacks.

You may want to contact the supplier and ask if the rice hulls take up more than one sack space. I have a feeling that they will be 2-3X the size of the normal sacks.

Let's get everybody's orders in first. Then I'll send them a RFQ for all of our collective order and see what they say. Given how much we would be ordering they may not care if it takes up more than a single sack space.

Back