2009 GABF, September 24-26

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
305x225.gif

Editing the first post of the thread for confirmed attendees:

Meet-up form 1 is here:
GABF 2009 Contact Sheet

Thursday Evening 9/24
olllllo
Brewtopia
carnevoodoo
zman
JVD_X
velotech
drez77

Friday Evening 9/25
olllllo
carnevoodoo
ColoradoXJ13
JVD_X

Saturday Afternoon 9/26*
jds
olllllo
Brewtopia
Wayne1 (?)
carnevoodoo
ColoradoXJ13
MNBugeater
JVD_X
riored4v
velotech
jamesnw
jamesnw's SWMBO

*You must be a BA member to attend. You can buy a membership with your ticket, but tix are 90% sold for this session as of 8/17/09

Saturday Evening 9/26
olllllo
carnevoodoo
zman
JVD_X

Session not Specified
Wayne1
MTPilot
Bokonon
shek

Also, here's a link to the list of participating breweries: Breweries at the Festival

Meet-up form 1 is here:
GABF 2009 Contact Sheet

Already booked my hotel and have tickets for the Thursday night and Saturday afternoon sessions. I'll roll into town on Wednesday the 23rd. Let's start planning the HBT hookup!

I have a private room at a hostel down the street. 34 bucks a night is great! I will be there Wednesday to Sunday. I am hoping to fly in early on Wednesday and make it up to Fort Collins to see New Belgium.

Time to revive this thread. I met a couple HBTers last year but very briefly.

Let's get a meet-up where we can share some brews. Someone's house? hotel?

I think I'm going to drive rather than fly this year just so I can get around and also bring some beer back from liquor mart in Boulder. This also means that I can bring some homebrew to share.

My friend and I are also thinking about taking the Siebel Sensory Analysis. Anyone else?

I'll be there. Last year I missed the KROC world beer forum after thursday night even though I won a few medals there. I'm gonna try to make it this year

Time to revive this thread. I met a couple HBTers last year but very briefly.

Let's get a meet-up where we can share some brews. Someone's house? hotel?

I think I'm going to drive rather than fly this year just so I can get around and also bring some beer back from liquor mart in Boulder. This also means that I can bring some homebrew to share.

My friend and I are also thinking about taking the Siebel Sensory Analysis. Anyone else?

Liquor Mart is Awesome! I lived in Boulder for 5 years. Argonaut in Denver also kicks ass!!. Argonaut Liquor - Buy Wine Online - Colorado Wine Store

Try to stop into the Mountain Sun or the Southern Sun (Boulder) or the Vine St Pub. Denver. Growlers are not available @ Vine Street. Vine St does not brew on site. The Mountain Sun and The Southern Sun Brewery and Restaurant in Boulder Colorado

I am down if there is a meet up and I will also bring some Homebrews. I have Edworts Heffe and a Saison going and will for sure get at least two batches before the GABF. I am going to get tixx for Thurs and Sat night with SWMBO and possibly some of her friends. Looking forward to putting names with faces

Z

Was there last year, probably coming this year with a group of about four or five other guys. Hopefully the weather is better than last year. Also plan on catching at least one Rockies game while in town.

Got a nice envelope from BA today. Saturday Afternoon, here we go!

We should plan an early lunch somewhere, just to put down a base of food before tasting all the delicious brews.

I received an envelope, as well.

That sounds like a good plan, Joe.

My son and I will probably take the light rail downtown.

Let's figure out a place to meet up.

I am going Sat night so SWMBO's friends can come. I am taking friday off of work so I might have to get a ticket or just create my own pub crawl:tank:

I'll definitely be at thursday and saturday afternoon sessions and might drop by the friday and saturday evening sessions if I'm not doing anything else.

I will be there on Thursday night with some friends .. staying out there till Monday .. Getting a game in and a bunch of brewery tours.

I am thinking I might have to take Thurs and Friday off for this grand weekend. Falling Rock sounds like a good idea for Fri night. Good thing SWMBO lives w/ in a cab ride distance to downtown

I am in for a Friday night Falling Rock session. Does anyone have extra or available tickets to the Saturday Brewers session? I would be willing to buy 3 extra tickets if possible. PM if you have tickets...OR if you are an AHA member that doesnt plan on going to GABF.

I had to get a refund on my tickets this year because of the trip I am taking to Siebel. My emotions are almost mixed, but I get to learn about beer for two weeks, so I'm not too upset.

I am in for a Friday night Falling Rock session. Does anyone have extra or available tickets to the Saturday Brewers session? I would be willing to buy 3 extra tickets if possible. PM if you have tickets...OR if you are an AHA member that doesnt plan on going to GABF.

It does not look like the AHA session is sold out yet. Although it is getting close.

Yes, but I already bought the two you are allowed to buy to that session. And they dont appear available through ticket master.

Just got my tickets for Saturday afternoon a couple days ago. I will be there with swmbo... Swmbo's brother and another friend. Possibly a DD as well if I can still get a DD ticket for him. We plan on driving in from slc Utah and will stop at new Belgium on the way Friday. Any one in for a pedalbiker group buy shipped to Denver? I can bring back for Utah crew.

It does not look like the AHA session is sold out yet. Although it is getting close.

99% sold out now. If someone needs tickets better get em quick.

If you miss out keep an eye on the various forums, aha techtalk, and denver craigslist. They will pop up occasionally

Anybody else psyched about the VIP entrance for AHA members to the non-AHA sessions? Awesome, simply awesome.

I'll likely be at Avery Brewing Co (the actual brewery, not at GABF) on sunday pouring for them. Maybe some evenings during the week as well.

SWMBO and I will be at the Sat members only session.

Can someone explain the VIP entrance to me? My SWMBO and I are both members and ordered 2 tickets each but don't have "VIP member" anywhere on our tickets - I'm confused. Also are your tickets perforated? Mine aren't this year - kind of bizarre.

SWMBO and I will be at the Sat members only session. I'm thinking about buying some evening tickets as well. I may have 2 extra members only tickets - would anybody be interested in them?

Can someone explain the VIP entrance to me? My SWMBO and I are both members and ordered 2 tickets each but don't have "VIP member" anywhere on our tickets - I'm confused. Also are your tickets perforated? Mine aren't this year - kind of bizarre.

AFAIK, the VIP entrance is only for the non-AHA sessions (my sat afternoon ones are not stamped 'VIP' but my friday night ones are)....so, for non AHA sessions, there is a special VIP entrance for AHA members who purchased the tickets through the AHA-linked site (I bought my friday night, sat AHA, and membership at the same time)....unfortunately there is no VIP bathroom...except there is, for brewers...which I have access to as well through some friends :rockin:

AFAIK, the VIP entrance is only for the non-AHA sessions (my sat afternoon ones are not stamped 'VIP' but my friday night ones are)....so, for non AHA sessions, there is a special VIP entrance for AHA members who purchased the tickets through the AHA-linked site (I bought my friday night, sat AHA, and membership at the same time)....unfortunately there is no VIP bathroom...except there is, for brewers...which I have access to as well through some friends :rockin:

Remember when I sold you those members only tix last year and you said you were going to bring me some badass homebrew you made but you didn't? Access to these 'exclusive' bathrooms is all I ask to settle up :rolleyes:

And Zman - I bought these directly from the AHA site. Good call though!

I'm going to be in town all week, but I'm only going to the Saturday afternoon session. I'll be visiting friends in Fort Collins and partying at the Falling Rock the rest of the time.

Is there a listing of the events that are happening during the week of the GABF (Tours and such)? I thought there were events going on but I cannot find the site any more.

I am taking Thurs and Friday off So I can wander about LODO and hit Falling Rock...etc

Back