Advice on cheap fermenter for 10gal batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funnelface

Reaction score
Alright, I'm just trying to be a cheapo here. I've been extract brewing for a while and doing the standard 5gal batch. I've been trying to find the cheapest way of doing 10 gal instead? I've seen some fermentors that look like garbage cans that will hold 20 gal for around 45.00. It also says something about it shipping in the 70lb price range due to size though. Not sure what that means but sounds more expensive to me. Can anyone suggest maybe some possibly non conventional fermenter that I could use for this. Thoughts?

Ben

Cheapest? Two 7 gallon pails, splitting the total wort volume between them.

How are you going to keep 10 gallons of fermenting wort in a single large vessel cool?

EC Kraus

They have tuff tanks for about $50 for a 14 gallon size. Free Shipping.

Wow, I'd never heard of that place before. But after going to their site...I'm drooling over this:

Wine Making Supplies :: EC Kraus
TuffTank14.jpg

Use a sanke keg. All stainless and you can move everything with CO2.

yea as well as because its metal itll be easier to control the temp on that 10 gallons im actualy going to have a very mixed firmenting setup conicals for ales oak barrels for special stuf and 2 sankes in a freezer for lagers

Latest posts

Back