Anyone ever try Doric Canadian Light Lager kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-rad

Reaction score
Hey all, Just wondering if anyone tried this kit. Its only $7 down at the LHBS and I was wondering if it was cheap because it was terrible. Dont want to waste the fermentor space. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers!!!!

Your first instincts are correct. It is hopped LME.

But if those are the type of kits you are doing, then it isn't much different than any of the others.

I have made some cidery brews with them using the recommended sugar levels. They are what is referred to as K&K or Kit and Kilo with the kilo being sugar.

Try a Fiesta brew. Much better.

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone tried this kit. Its only $7 down at the LHBS and I was wondering if it was cheap because it was terrible. Dont want to waste the fermentor space. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers!!!!

Wow.. they still make that? Last time I brewed with it was about 15 years ago.
It used to be all i could get here. The local grocery store carried it.

If you make it by the directions, (with corn sugar, never use table sugar!)you get a very light beer thats drinkable, but just ok.

My favorite at the time was two cans of doric light hopped malt, 1 lb each of corn sugar and light malt extract in an 18.9 litre batch.

If i was going to use it now, I'd definately get some better yeast than what was packed with it.

I think they have that stuff at the local sobeys here..... Its like 6.99 a can. I have never tried it - the cans look awfully small it doesnt seem like you get all that much extract. Let us know how it turns out if your try it.

Back