Budweiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
Has anyone had the Budweiser Brew Masters Reserve 2007? My SWMBO bought it for me last night at a bar. Its a 46.5 ounce Grolsch Style bottle, it kicks in at 8.5% ABV. It was brewed in September of 2007. Its called a Dopplebock on the bottle but I'm not a style judge so I wont make any comments on that. It was a pretty good beer I thought, hid the alcohol content well, good flavor, little lacking in aroma. Probably not quite worth the $20 it cost but not bad.

Wow. I gotta agree with homebrewer_99 (again). You paid basically $20 for a four pack and you weren't impressed enough to look up the style guidelines at beertown.org before commenting.

No offense, it might be good beer, but for $5.00 for a twelve ounce, ya gotta at least look up the style guideleines for me to open my pocket too.

Had a Delirium Tremens lately? 750mL = 1 pint 9.4 ounces (16 +9.4= 25.4ozs) for about ten bucks. So 25 cents/ ounce for a wild Belgian.

2007 Brew Master's Reserve, you got (no offense) a forty for twenty bucks. 50cents per ounce.

Ummmm, not. If you were impressed enough to look up the style and throw me a bone, OK, maybe. Otherwise, curb one of those forties for someone with some street cred.

Thanks.

EDIT: Plus one for style since SWMBO bought it for you, and you drank the swill.

EDIT: Plus two for style since "dopplebock" is probably going to be the 09-09-09 brew. Report to Brewpastor my son, "Go forth and sin no more."

Wow, double b!tch-slap all within five minutes...

In this lovely State I currently reside, a 12oz beer of decent nature runs around $2.50 to $8.50. A six-pack of anything decent is at least $12. I am extorted on a regular basis...

Poindexter said:
Wow. I gotta agree with homebrewer_99 (again). You paid basically $20 for a four pack and you weren't impressed enough to look up the style guidelines at beertown.org before commenting.

No offense, it might be good beer, but for $5.00 for a twelve ounce, ya gotta at least look up the style guideleines for me to open my pocket too.

Had a Delirium Tremens lately? 750mL = 1 pint 9.4 ounces (16 +9.4= 25.4ozs) for about ten bucks. So 25 cents/ ounce for a wild Belgian.

2007 Brew Master's Reserve, you got (no offense) a forty for twenty bucks. 50cents per ounce.

Ummmm, not. If you were impressed enough to look up the style and throw me a bone, OK, maybe. Otherwise, curb one of those forties for someone with some street cred.

Thanks.

EDIT: Plus one for style since SWMBO bought it for you, and you drank the swill.

EDIT: Plus two for style since "dopplebock" is probably going to be the 09-09-09 brew. Report to Brewpastor my son, "Go forth and sin no more."

Settle down little fella, I trust that Budweiser isn't so stupid as to make a beer of one style then print a different style on their label. I have had Delerium Tremens and Nocturnum and Noel and I dont find any of them to be that special. I think Ommegang makes better Belgians for one. I thought it might be slightly overpriced but thats as much a factor of where I bought it too. There are plenty of beers out there that will cost you $4-5 for a bottle or like $8-10 for a 22oz so it wasnt ridiculous and I never said it was swill.

The SWMBO is pretty awesome when it comes to beer though.

knipknup said:
Wow, double b!tch-slap all within five minutes...

In this lovely State I currently reside, a 12oz beer of decent nature runs around $2.50 to $8.50. A six-pack of anything decent is at least $12. I am extorted on a regular basis...

Ahhh Knip except for us in the south that have that nearby beer oasis known as Lee's Discount Liquor in Mesquite, NV!

I did keep the bottle. The bar I got it has about 1000 different bottles on their wall behind he bar on a series of shelves and its prety awesome. I want to do something like that one day in a home bar or if I ever open one so I am up to about 300 diffeent beers now.

Well, if it was truly a representative dopplebock, what you should be saying is "WOW, that was an incredibly malty, sweet, filling beer!" Dopplebocks should be big and chewey, and almost over-the-top with malt flavor. I can't imagine drinking a 46 ounce bottle of dopplebock; even if I managed to remain upright (not likely), it's just such a big beer that I'm not sure I would WANT that much.

For a true dopplebock, that's also a bit young.

I only had 2-2.5 glasses so maybe like 24 oz or so. I gave some to a couple of my buddies that were out with us who I drink with a lot. It was fairly sweet and definitely pretty filling. I dont think I could have drinken much more of it than I did.

clemson55 said:
I did keep the bottle. The bar I got it has about 1000 different bottles on their wall behind he bar on a series of shelves and its prety awesome. I want to do something like that one day in a home bar or if I ever open one so I am up to about 300 diffeent beers now.

What bar is this? I go to school at Clemson U.

I tried it with some friends. They got the bottle on sale for $10. It wasn't great IMHO.

Greg

clemson55 said:
I have had Delerium Tremens and Nocturnum and Noel and I dont find any of them to be that special. I think Ommegang makes better Belgians for one.

we definitely have differennt tastes...i'm not a big fan of the ommegang (and i didn't like the tremens), but i think the nocturnum and noel are wonderful beers!

if you want relatively inexpensive but excellent tasting belgian style brews, go with Unibroue ;)

i think i'll grab a bottle of Maudite tonight :rockin:

Rocketman - Got it at Nicks, Keith St is the only other place with decent beer but they dont get a lot of the cool stuff Nicks does. We should get together for a couple homebrews sometime.

DeathBrewer - I am a fan of the Unibroue hard to find around here though.

Someone at A-B seems to have too much time on their hands. First this beer. Now USA Today has an article about the soon to be released "Bud Light Lime." There is an original idea.

Matt Foley said:
Someone at A-B seems to have too much time on their hands. First this beer. Now USA Today has an article about the soon to be released "Bud Light Lime." There is an original idea.

If it were free I'd drink it as well, but I have no interest in spending my money on anything made by AB. Unless they somehow gain majority control over a couple regional micros.

Bud Light lime. That will be unbearably nasty. You have to have flavor first before you can hint it with another flavor. I tried the miller lite lime, Not bad for drinking one on a summer day. Couldn't drink more than 1 though. I saw a Lime beer from Bluemoon yesterday at Kroger. Didn't buy it. Might be decent

Had the Blue Moon Lime last night, the lime is very faint. You might as well just get a regular Blue Moon and add a lime instead of an orange.

Although they do not get much love around here, those megacorps do employ professional, trained brewmasters at some level in the company and I suspect, if given creative license to experiment, they could come up with a pretty good beer.

Back