17th Annual SSBC Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
Hey Guys,

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce the 17th Annual South Shore Brew Club Brewoff and invite you all to enter. This is a BJCP registered event with BJCP registered judges. It will take place on April 21, 2012 with registration open until April 7th. Entries will be accepted from 3/12 until 4/7. All of the details can be found HERE.

If you haven't ever entered a competition before there are a thousand good reasons for doing so, not the least of which is that you will get feedback from someone who is qualified to give it, not your buddy from across the street. If you have entered competitions before than you already know how valuable that feedback is. We all think we make pretty good beer, here is an opportunity to see how your best stacks up.

For once I agree with The Nurse. The SSBC Brewoff is the bees knees. Lots of wicked awesome prizes and feedback from beer judges that are wicked smot.

Joking aside, the guys in the club do a great job running it and scoresheets have typically gone out with a day or two.

So have you guys ever ended up having a little much to drink at one of Capes pig roasts and ended up in the same sleeping bag in the morning? ;)

No.... PTN doesn't get invited to the cookout. We always tell him the cookout is a week later than it really is and then just go with, "where were you!?! You missed it! Noooooo. We said LAST weekend. You must have heard us wrong"

Why? The contest isn't till the middle of April. If you are talking about the one in your sig that you brewed on January 1 it should be ready. WHat have you got to loose?

Need it to mellow more. Still waiting another month in secondary before I bottle. There will be more competitions :D

PTN,
FYI, I just noticed that the link on the opening of this thread doesn't work - it's got an extra http in it. The one in your signature is fine. With 3 days to go, you know how the last minute people are. Oh wait, that's me.

My printer wouldnt print the entry page, but i f@#$ed with it enough and got it to work. I thought it might have been the site but it was my crappy "wireless" printer.

I am in the club but not working directly on the competition. They broke all sorts of records for entries this year and were able to get through about 95% of the categories but didn't ultimately finish. They are doing the last couple of categories and Best of Show this Thursday night. My guess the results will be posted very soon after that.

Glad to see you had so many entries and looking forward to seeing the results. I mailed my entries in so no telling how much abuse they got in transit :)

... They are doing the last couple of categories and Best of Show this Thursday night. My guess the results will be posted very soon after that.

The plan is to meet Thursday for the remaining couple of categories and the BOS flight. Feedback will follow shortly thereafter.

Is there an echo in this thread?

Back