Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
Let's get it started. This is just a new thread to seperate from the last buy. I will link to this thread from the old one so no one gets lost.

Reelale will be handling the ordering and I will be handling the receiving and pickup again. He will post the ordering sheet and intructions. All ordering will go through him, including payment when it gets to that point. I think that's all for now. Thanks again to Reelale for dealing with all us. Oh, we will use as many pallets as we can FILL. If we have enough interest, we will order a second pallet, but it's gonna need to be full or pretty damn close to be able to get the best deal. PM me if you have any questions regarding pickup.

Pickup will most likely be at another location in Durham different from the last.

Standing-by. PM me your order. Once I get the spreadsheet populated, I'll post a link so we can all keep up with the order.

In for 3, PM sent. 2-row and wheat, anyone want to split a bag of Pils or MO?

Ryan or Reelale,

Will this shipment come out of the Hickory facility?

Greg,
I noticed that they now have have a Hickory facility yesterday when I was poking around the website. Reel is going to call today to make sure the prices haven't changed and then he will post a link to the catalog if necessary.

Greg,
I noticed that they now have have a Hickory facility yesterday when I was poking around the website. Reel is going to call today to make sure the prices haven't changed and then he will post a link to the catalog if necessary.

Good news. Jeanette @ NCM told me the Hickory facility is nearly up to full operational capacity. That means we can order through them. She said they may not have all of the "specialty" malts yet, but should soon. The upside is the pallet rate to Durham is $65.00 instead of the $165.00 we paid last time. I'll post the link to the 2011 catalog when I get home. Or you can go to http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6 and download it. The password is greatmalt.

Good news. Jeanette @ NCM told me the Hickory facility is nearly up to full operational capacity. That means we can order through them. She said they may not have all of the "specialty" malts yet, but should soon. The upside is the pallet rate to Durham is $65.00 instead of the $165.00 we paid last time. I'll post the link to the 2011 catalog when I get home. Or you can go to http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6 and download it. The password is greatmalt.

That is great news. The reduced freight more than offsets the sales tax we will now have to pay.

Here is the link to the 2011 Catalog. I'm working on the spreadsheet this evening basing the cost per bag on the new shipping rate, and NC sales tax. I'll post a link to it once I get it right. I'm assuming at least 2000 lbs.

If you would please refer to the catalog and PM me the product code with your order, I would appreciate it. It makes it a lot easier.

I'm in for 2 sacks. Just sent you a PM Reelale. If anyone wants to split some Vienna or Munich I could be down for that as well.

How does the pickup work? Somewhere in Durham, on a Weekend maybe? I am in Pinehurst, and would only be able to drive up on a weekend day. This may exclude me?

Do all the bags need to be the same brand to get the pallet discount? No that it matters much to me which brand, I haven't noticed a significant difference.

Thanks, and thanks for organizing this.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. I think it's correct. The only change from last order, apart from the reduced freight charge, is I had to pro-rate the lift-gate surcharge per bag, instead of per person. I'm assuming 42 bags. Anyway, this figure may change, but not drastically. If everyone could hold-off with payment until we get the 42 bags, things will work smoothly. Also, if you want to split a bag with someone, work it out and let me know in a PM.

How does the pickup work? Somewhere in Durham, on a Weekend maybe? I am in Pinehurst, and would only be able to drive up on a weekend day. This may exclude me?

Do all the bags need to be the same brand to get the pallet discount? No that it matters much to me which brand, I haven't noticed a significant difference.

Thanks, and thanks for organizing this.

I live close to you. I'm sure we can work something out. And no, order whatever you like, it's the total lbs. for the price break.

You can order anything in the catalog including hops and chemicals (although that makes it difficult to determine what makes a full pallet). Pickup will be in durham more than likely. People are pretty good about helping each other out in this too, such as holding onto a bag for someone that can't make it to the actual pickup. If you want in, I'm sure someone can help you out.

PM sent for 3 sacks. Anyone want to split a Dark Wheat or an MO?

Let me know.

i saw my first order, 2nd PM is correct for what i need.

Thanks again Reel!

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. I think it's correct. The only change from last order, apart from the reduced freight charge, is I had to pro-rate the lift-gate surcharge per bag, instead of per person. I'm assuming 42 bags. Anyway, this figure may change, but not drastically. If everyone could hold-off with payment until we get the 42 bags, things will work smoothly. Also, if you want to split a bag with someone, work it out and let me know in a PM.

I think my computer hates me. I can't get the spreadsheet to open now. Anyone else having problems?

Is there anything in the catalog that is not available? I noticed only certain codes are populated in the spread sheet, and some are marked at zero. Is that just because no one has ordered any yet?

Is there anything in the catalog that is not available? I noticed only certain codes are populated in the spread sheet, and some are marked at zero. Is that just because no one has ordered any yet?

I think everything is available, or will soon be at the Hickory location. I just used the spreadsheet from the last order and zeroed out last year's prices. I only put the price in when someone orders a particular grain.

I think my computer hates me. I can't get the spreadsheet to open now. Anyone else having problems?

Seems to work in IE. I know Chrome loads it slow, and if you select "print page" it displays the preview.

Wasn't working for me on safari. Try Firefox, it worked for me then.

I don't even know what that means. I opened the old one yesterday and noiw today I can't open either one of them. Like I said, my computer hates me today I guess. I will try on another computer shortly.

I don't even know what that means. I opened the old one yesterday and noiw today I can't open either one of them. Like I said, my computer hates me today I guess. I will try on another computer shortly.

It's an earlier version of Excel, .xls extension. I know you need to run newer versions of Excel in compatability mode.

FYI, I'd like to go in on a sack of munich with one or two people, too.

coastwx and basisforaday.... you guys wanna split that Munich 3 ways, or are you guys all set with just a 2-way split?

Walker, he's already splitting the Munich with one of his buddies. Do you want to split a sack of Munich with me?

That's cool. I just PMed you with a message about splitting a bag of Vienna (GW-VIEN). I'm going to go ahead and get Vienna too, so if you two want to split that 3 ways on top of your Munich let me know. Otherwise I'll just store it and use it at some point in the future.

My total order:
3 bags Canadian 2row
1 bag Canadian Munich
1 bag of GW Vienna

May be a stupid question, but what is the $/Unit they are listing. I'm guessing pounds, and if so, that is a great deal compared to buying single oz packets at my lhbs.

yes, the prices are listed in pounds. We're shooting for a full pallet (42 sacks), so you would get the price in the 2000#-4000# range.

Back