What Brewery Should I Visit? Irvine, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcancila

Reaction score
So I will be flying out tomorrow morning to Irvine, CA from Philadelphia. I will be staying in Irvine for 8 night and while I am out there I need to get my beer fix!

So...Any Suggestions?

All I got so far is that Stone brewing is 60 miles South of Irvine. Maybe if I get the time. Anything closer worth checking out?

The Bruery is up in Placentia. Not sure what they do about tours.

There is a Yard House in the Irvine Spectrum. Excellent selection of taps there.

Drive about 45 minutes to an hour down the 5 and hit Stone. While your down there hit all the other San Diego spots.

If you make it to Stone, then Lost Abbey is in the same ball park. Pizza Port two locations either near, or on that trip. One in Carlsbad, the other, right off I-5 in San Clemente which is right on the way. I think their pizza is awesome.

The Bruery in Placentia is worth a visit, Their taproom is open Fri-Sun. Also in the same neighborhood is Bootleggers in Fullerton.

If you are looking for a micro brewery then these guys are right, definately visit Stone Brewery. If you are looking for a great place to eat and want 250 beers on tap (yes that right! 250 beers on tap) then the Yardhouse in Irvine is THE place. You will find that at the Irvine Spectrum. Make sure sure you know what you want before you go otherwise you will be gazing at thier beer list for an hour.

Stone is worth a long drive! Free tour with six small glasses of samples at the end AND the restaurant there is incredamazingly good. The guys are really friendly and odds are the owners will be hanging out there somewhere.

"The Block" in Orange has Alcatraz brewing, a decent brewpub that has respectable food offerings. If he has his IPA on tap, it's well worth the drive. He had an albino pale last month that I couldn't get enough of...

Back