Welds are done.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
Advice needed on those with welding knowledge!!

I got my keggles welded (good price). he checked them for leaks after he was finished. The interior looks a little rough, but I figured that for a HLT and boil kettle it would be fine. Is there anything I can or should do to clean it up?

outside:

weld - HomeBrewTalk Gallery

inside:

weld - HomeBrewTalk Gallery

Thanks

PS Hope the pics work!!!

They must not have back gassed those when they welded them...Try brushing them with a stainless brush.

Pat

You need to scrub it with Bar Keepers Friend. I'd try grinding it a little with a Dremel first. Just make sure to use a new stone so you don't contaminate the SS. If you don't scrub that blue discoloration off with BKF, the keggle will rust in that area.

No harm done. It's not a fermenter so they don't have to be sanitary. I'm yet to hear of a welder that would take on such a small job AND be willing to back gas it.

The weld did not have a back gas. Just a little hard to keep clean but no worries. Myself any coupler welded here at the shed is back flowed with argon.

Dominus Vobiscum

Swagman:cool:

Back